cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 complaint regarding family bolt on

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have a iPhone 5s on refresh contract, which when I took this contract out I opted in for the family bolt on. September 2015, I no longer needed the bolt on so contacted o2 atleast 2-3 days before my monthly bill for October was due to have the bolt on removed and to avoid any costs. I was told that the bolt on was removed and should allow 24 hours to see the update on my account. My bill was generated in October with the charge of the bolt on still remaining active on my account. I was not happy, and contacted o2 on the second occasion asking for the bolt on to be removed and a credit given back to me for the charge I got when I shouldn't have. To cut a long story short... Altogether 9 times I have had to contact o2 after being told by a manager and o2 advisors 9 times that the bolt on is removed on my account and credit is being given back and to be 'assured' that it's removed and I will see the update in 24 hours. 1 month later and guess what!? The bolt on is still active! I have tried cancelling myself but always get a error page when I press remove bolt on. I texted 'escape' to 21300 for removal to get a reply saying my process can't be completed, try again later. This is an absolute joke! I can't see no credit given back to me under my recent charge section like 9 times I have been told there is. I'm now facing anther charge for the bolt on this month, November because the bolt on is still active! Technically in my favour due to all the problems and misleading answers I have got from manager and o2 advisors, my device plan should be waived, offering me a free upgrade or I should be allowed to cancel without a termination charge! I shouldn't have to pay for a bolt on that I don't need every month when I requested to remove it 9 times and I still have just under a year on my contract. I'm getting no help what so ever from o2 just a pack of lies to get rid of me every time.
Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 6

jonsie
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Make a written complaint by email to the address in the link above. You will be re credited,  the bolt on removed and you may even get some form of goodwill gesture.

You will have to pay off the handset part of your contract if you want to walk away otherwise, if by any remote chance you are allowed to leave without penalty you will have to return the handset for which you have already paid x number of months.

Message 3 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have made a complaint, my bill for this month has been generated and the bolt on is still active. Been to store couple days ago as I have received no reply about my complaint considering it states they reply within 7 days and it's been longer. Shop contacted customer service and they said exactly the same to what they have told me 10 times. Was told to wait 24 hours, there leave my account open and it will remove and I'll also receive a phone call back from o2 today. Nothing!
Message 4 of 6

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Sadly that all sounds way too familiar these days....

Currently using:
Message 5 of 6

jonsie
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Google the address of CEO o2 and email the office with a daytime contact number. 

Message 6 of 6