cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 community spamming

Anonymous
Not applicable

[rant]

My email inbox is filling up with updates to every reply to the topics I've visited.  I never asked for this and I've changed my settings unticking the box to subscribe to topics but I'm still getting them.   How is this set to 'on' by default - spam is a menace enough without it being sent by reputable services like O2!?

[/rant]

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

for the older ones this has to be done in email subscription tab and delete the already subscribed threads.

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 2 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Check in Subscriptions and Bookmarks

Also Preference Options
Message 3 of 9

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

@O2MACH2 wrote:

Also Preference Options

I've done all that and I'm still getting spammed!  To be honest I think it's pretty disgraceful that 'opt in' should be the default setting, my inbox is still being flooded with useless links.  Clearly there are occasions when notifications are useful but not for every single little thing.  Spam is an absolute menace which renders email useless and (with the best of intentions) O2 is adding to that.

Message 5 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@O2MACH2 wrote:

Also Preference Options

I've done all that and I'm still getting spammed!  To be honest I think it's pretty disgraceful that 'opt in' should be the default setting, my inbox is still being flooded with useless links.  Clearly there are occasions when notifications are useful but not for every single little thing.  Spam is an absolute menace which renders email useless and (with the best of intentions) O2 is adding to that.

Hi Voxish,

That's probably my mistake, sorry about that. The easiest way of fixing it is to go to:
a) Set to weekly delivery and remove automatically subscribe here

b) Click "Check All" on the dropdown and then Deleted Selected Subscriptions here

That should work. Let me know if it doesn't and I'll look into it straight away.

Leonard

Message 6 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Leonard. That helped me as well

Message 7 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
No prob slight_smile
Message 8 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable