Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 cant transfer number between o2 and VM sims

Stayawayfrom02
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Going through a very frustrating scenario with o2, and just feel helpless at this point.

In the last 2 weeks ive had to call o2 7 times, hours ive wasted on calls. Im trying to move my number from one o2 sim into another sim that was originally a virgin media sim but theyve merged with o2 now so its an o2 sim... or so i thought.

Apparently they first had to migrate the virgin sim to o2 first before requesting the number to be migrated, so this was requested first. I was then assured the sim was migrated from VM to o2 after the 2nd call. I was subsequently reassured in the 3rd, 4th and 5th call that the VM sim was migrated to o2 And that theres some sort of technical issue with the number change request. However, after 2 weeks of no result i called a 6th time today, this time the advisor told me my virgin sim hadnt been migrated to o2 even though i was assured it was multiple times and i would need to call virgin media. Called virgin media who eventually transferred me to o2 migration team after i explained the issue.... couldnt make this up!

Now the 7th call to o2 and guess what, im told my VM sim has indeed migrated to o2, so the advisor on the 6th call just fobbed me off by telling me otherwise. Turns out all the previous advisors were wrong and its not even possible to transfer numbers between o2 and VM currently - according to the 7th call advisor, which doesnt make sense as the sim is migrated to o2 so should have nothing to do with VM... but rather than telling me this in the first phone call 2 weeks ago like they should have - i was instead given false promises that the number will definitely be changed, absolute joke.

Can Someone in o2 please make this make sense. Clearly a technical problem resulting from the merger and shouldnt have to be chased up by a customer.

So now im looking to get a Smarty monthly sim and will attempt to transfer my number into that then be done with o2 forever. Absolutely disgraceful, disgusting and shameful customer service. Been with o2 for 12 years... 12 years too long. Had 5g sim for over 2 years and rarely ever get 5g, pretty much only time is when im passing a 5g mast. Reception in Renfrew TOWN CENTRE is atrocious, not even 4g signal... 10 minutes from glasgow city centre.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144643 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27730 Solutions

Duplicate

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 4

Emily3391
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Did you have any luck in the end ?

I'm 5 days in, same position due to o2 taking over vm. 

Need them to reactivate my old number so I can then transfer it onto a different network which also means returning my new phone and getting a other.

Absolute freaking biggest joke ever. Will never return to o2. 

How on earth they are even among the leading network I will never know.

You'd have more luck splitting the atom than getting any sense from an o2 customer service advisor.

Message 3 of 4

Oxonian
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 5904 Posts
  • 102 Topics
  • 22 Solutions

@Emily3391 

If that question is directed at @Stayawayfrom02, you need to tag him thus ! 

Message 4 of 4