Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 appalling customer service

Dominic87
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I was diagnosed with cancer back in March and ended up having to undergo emergency surgery. I'm now not working and I'm on disability benefit so sometimes I can be a few days late in paying my airtime or device plan. I will NEVER use o2 ever again due to the fact they have sent me threatening letters and threatening texts informing me they'll pass my account to a debt collection agency. This is within a matter of days of a missed payment and with o2 being aware of my circumstances. I will be telling everyone to avoid o2 and I've also told my story to newspapers who are shocked, appalled and very interested in printing my story. O2, never again.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10250 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3016 Solutions

@Dominic87 

Dont take this the wrong way, but you would be surprised at the number of people who make up stories such as yours to get out of paying bills, so unfortunately they spoil it for those like yourself who are genuine, and that means o2 and other companies take the approach you have been through... 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 4

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6702 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1494 Solutions

O2 are no different than any of the other networks.

Your danger is that if you have had a series of missed payments this will go against you and it will be unlikely that you will get a contract elsewhere.

I'm not sure how far you are in to your contract, maybe worth investigating seeing if you can move to a lower tariff.

Flexible 30 day contracts like Voxi may be the way forward in the future 

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 3 of 4

kanejmccarthy
Level 1: Joiner
  • 15 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Dominic87 @Or you could always look at giffgaff which are similar you can cancel it anytime whenever you feel like it without having to be tied into anything I am very very sorry to hear this news I've been with them for 7 years I've had no issues

Message 4 of 4