cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Website error'd 6 times then refused me due to too many credit checks, help or advice?

Anonymous
Not applicable

If ive put this in the wrong area im sorry, please advise me and ill move it, im new to this forum; bit long but a good read if you’re bored!! On Tuesday the 12th March at 9pm ish I went via a cash back website called http://wwwdotcashbackdotcodotuk/O2 which simply observes my transaction so I get credited with some money at a later date; as far as im aware it has no interaction with the O2 website so I don’t think this caused the issues. On entering the O2 website I proceeded to locate the following deal; (HTC One X Plus on the £27 per month, 2 years etc deal) I then went through the purchase process, initially using my Barclays details, 3 or 4 times I got to the delivery screen options where I selected pick up from store as I initially wanted the item delivering to my office; and got errors with ‘unable proceed due to an unknown error please click here to try an alternative method’(I have been informed by a store that they do not carry this phone anymore as its end of life, which explains the error). I retried again with my office details for delivery and got the same errors, eventually trying a different card; I must have done this at least six times, then on the final attempt it came up with the ‘rejected’ you’re not the sort of customer O2 want screen (Credit Referral etc); I can only assume from the number of credit checks done each time I progressed the order to the delivery screen. I tried to speak to customer services but no amount of explanation seemed to work; The O2 system let me buy the phone 6 times it just wouldn’t deliver it so im pretty convinced im not a bad credit risk! Or am i? My main issue is, how do I get this phone and has my credit score been affected by these multiple apparent checks? If so how do we get that reversed as im applying for a new mortgage in a few months and its concerning me. I was a bit miffed that the purchase process doesn’t highlight the credit checks done each time you proceed, although in the small print I found that after the fact. Do anyof you kind folks have and suggestions as im getting now where with O2 either via the email they provide (which you never get a reply from) or the Customer Service team?

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
I don't believe it will affect your credit rating don't worry. The times of the multi checks will come into play you can easily explain it away.

Your best bet currently is to upgrade via phone you'll have to forget about the cash back. They would be able to tell you if you've failed the check the website isn't perfect unfortjnatly.

Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
I don't believe it will affect your credit rating don't worry. The times of the multi checks will come into play you can easily explain it away.

Your best bet currently is to upgrade via phone you'll have to forget about the cash back. They would be able to tell you if you've failed the check the website isn't perfect unfortjnatly.

Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 2 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

Update, it turns out my credit file was actually to blame due to an errant entry which has now been corrected; my latest battle is trying to speak with O2 Credit referrals who don't talk to you or seemingly reply to my mails to get them to re-set or do something so I can reapply; as the website continues to reject my application although my credit file now says excellent credit and zero issues.

Losing the will to live never mind buy the phone, but its a mission! im not going to be beaten by crappy processes and 'not my area' staff.

Message 3 of 4

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92913 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 4 of 4