cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 - WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have had the worst experience of customer service in my life with O2. Safe to say, I will NOT be a returning customer to o2 after my contract has finished. Before Christmas, my phone was smashed and I made a claim against my insurance. I was charged for my excess of £60 TWICE on my latest phone bill. I have been contacting O2 customer services REPEATEDLY for the past three weeks (two of which times on a Saturday, and the other on my lunch break at work) and was dissapointedly let down each time I called. I was passed back and forth between customer services and insurance EACH time I called, numerous times until I got fed up of their ridiculous attempts of resolving the problems. The first time I called I was assured I would receive a cheque for my £60 that week, but the cheque never came. The second time I called (after the cheque never came), I THEN was informed by insurance that it would take up to 1-3 months for the money to be refunded and it would be transferred into my bank account, but I would then need to speak to customer services AGAIN to know when this would be refunded. The customer service advisor agreed that 1-3 months was a ridiculous time for the money to be refunded and advised me to cancel my direct debit and restart it again the day my bill was due to be paid as I should have the money by then (which would have been a waste of my time to call up my bank and arrange for this to be cancelled and re-started for a mistake O2 MADE). My bill was paid and the £60 was not transferred to my bank account. I called customer services and was AGAIN transferred through to insurance who told me it would once again take 3 MONTHS. I asked for a statement as to why this money was overcharged and was denied by insurance, and was ONCE AGAIN passed back to customer services. The customer service advisor agreed to transfer me the money there and then, after I asked to speak to a manager, but surprise surprise.. no money has been paid. I am absolutely APPALLED by this. I seriously advise anyone who is even contemplating using O2, think again and find a different phone service because all I have been given since using O2 is disappointing results and theft.
Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122347 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous I think after all the time you have spent on this with no resolution you should make a complaint http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Have a look at the link for Resolver https://www.resolver.co.uk/

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Cleoriff
  • 122347 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous I think after all the time you have spent on this with no resolution you should make a complaint http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Have a look at the link for Resolver https://www.resolver.co.uk/

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks! I think I will...
Message 3 of 7

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22935 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

I'm astounded that a customer service advisor would tell the OP to cancel their direct debit and then restart it. If it wasn't reinstated in time it could cause a negative credit rating to be raised. Incredibly bad advice and an appalling situation.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 7

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
There's no need to cancel the DD. Just request the bill be put into dispute until it's resolved then o2 can only take any agreed charges.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 7

Olukayode
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

To all who have hit a brick wall with O2 Customer Service. Try sending an email: to ComplaintReviewService@o2.com

It worked for me and my complaint was investigated and resolved with the Complaints Team assuring me that developmental feedback would be given to their where required.

Message 6 of 7

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
For info, complaints review should only be used after the initial complaint has not been resolved. It is an escalation process and all defined in the complaints link already given http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 7