cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Upgrade phone call - Outbound Team

Anonymous
Not applicable

On Thursday evening (3rd November) I received a call from the O2 Outbound Team from phone number +44 344 826 0202. This was regarding an offer of an early upgrade where O2 would "buy back" my outstanding phone and offer an upgrade. When I received the upgrade link, it still said I needed to pay my outstanding balance of the phone I already have, which is not what I was offered. I called Customer Services on Friday and they said the Outbound Team would call me back on Friday at 1pm. No Call. I then phoned back Saturday and the same response, the Outbound Team would phone me back Saturday at 10:30. Again no one phoned me back. I checked the link on the upgrade they had sent me and this link was now dead, I had until Sunday to accept the offer (which I wasn't going to do as it was incorrect), however, the point is it was taken off early.....

So I have been left with no way of contacting the people who offered me the deal as I cannot find a number, email etc to do this on. Customer Services cannot help as the Outbound Team need to speak with me and they will not phone me! So this was my last resort.

If they should not have made me this offer, I would have appreciated someone phoning me to say they made a mistake and apologise, then I would wait until March when my upgrade should take place. But that hasn't happened. I would have thought that was the decent thing to do.

After over 10 years of being a loyal customer to O2, I am disappointed in the way this has been handled.

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144479 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27685 Solutions
Only @Toby can feed this info back for you.
Hopefully he will be in touch later.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks you were really quick 🙂

Message 3 of 18

Cleoriff
  • 123004 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7471 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous How annoying to say the least. They should never have made this offer if they weren't prepared to honour the 'buy back' part of it. This is the sort of thing that would entice customers to buy. 

Definitely a poor show that the link is now dead and as such you have no proof  As said @Toby is the only person who can sort this for you...Best of luck ...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks @Cleoriff, I wasn't looking to upgrade either. It is frustrating that I cannot make contact with the Team who phoned me either.

Thanks! for your reply 

Message 5 of 18

MI5
  • 144479 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27685 Solutions
I don't want to suggest Toby can "sort" it, rather feedback or try and get some more info for you, that was all.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 18

Cleoriff
  • 123004 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7471 Solutions

We know people have had difficulties getting through to O2 over the past week.....(a system 'glitch') I just think this is a different situation. You were offered a deal to upgrade...which actually wasn't a deal at all. Not surprised they aren't ringing you if honest....:smileysad:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 18

Cleoriff
  • 123004 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7471 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
I don't want to suggest Toby can "sort" it, rather feedback or try and get some more info for you, that was all.

I used the word 'sort' in exactly the context you suggested....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 18

MI5
  • 144479 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27685 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

We know people have had difficulties getting through to O2 over the past week.....(a system 'glitch') I just think this is a different situation. You were offered a deal to upgrade...which actually wasn't a deal at all. Not surprised they aren't ringing you if honest....:smileysad:

Surprisingly, the OP managed to contact CS a number of times so I assume by phone, as it appears to be Live Chat that was down over the weekend.

Currently using:
Message 9 of 18

Cleoriff
  • 123004 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7471 Solutions

Indeed....but didnt get the callback that they promised...which was why I said it was slightly different.

No matter... hopefully Toby will 'look into it' ......

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 18