Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Upgrade Portal down

Pwacman
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have spent the last 2 hours trying to renew my contract via the mobile Iphone app and via an internet browser. Every time I get to the part of confiming the tarriff I get a "503 Service Temporarily Unavailable". I have also went down to my local o2 store and they are having issues, sort it out O2. Today was my only day off to get to a store to buy the new phone. Nothing on the Twitter page either 

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143430 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
@EmilieT will feedback your thoughts for you.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 9

Pwacman
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Many thanks. Im on with the o2 live chat and they seem to be able to sort it. 

Message 3 of 9

MI5
  • 143430 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Best of luck.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 122362 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Pwacman

If stil having issues, then you may be better to give customer services a call https://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 9

Pwacman
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
And so the frustration continues. After yesterday’s online portal and shop system being down in the middle of my upgrade I went on to the online chat. They assured me they could process the order for me through their system and that I could collect in store the next day, saying me the hassle of the paperwork etc.

I then call into the store today , it’s not easy to get to with traffic and parking and they tell me that that information is wrong and my phone is being posted to the store and it won’t be here to Tuesday!

1. Why can’t stores just cancel the order and/or then use that phone in replacement of a stock phone - it’s 2018 after all

2. I now need to make a third trip to the store somehow before it closes due to my work pattern after two fails by o2 already

I was told that the shops and online stock are different and that they can’t take one of their phones from stock to give to me.

Complete farce
Message 6 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Gotta love O2

Message 7 of 9

jonsie
  • 92917 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

The way that the O2 system processes orders means that no one has the sense or capability to 'bend' the rules unfortunately. It's their business module and cannot be deviated from under any circumstances. The lack of a live stock system whereby on ordering, the system can see there is stock at a particular store and can be picked from that stock, is their one big failing due to lack of investment in updating a poor customer experience and a massive failing for such a large network.

Message 8 of 9

Pwacman
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Nail on the head
Message 9 of 9