Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Staff

iainlew
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, Let me introduce myself. I am Iain and i work for a competitor to 02 and I have signed up to this forum to voice my support for all the staff working in the contact centres during this turbulent time.

From a customer point of view I can understand the need to vent your anger, your paying for service which you are currently not getting, you feel let down and are looking for answers and its unlikely that your happy with the information that you are currently being given.

I am sure from 02's perspective they are looking to resolve the issue as soon as soon as possible, beyond that they will be trying to give out as much official communications to try and manage the situation and set realistic expectations for their customers.

When you ring O2 contact centres have a little thought for the guys who are receiving the calls, in all honesty with the best will in the world its unlikely they will be able to do much beyond giving you an update on the situation. They do not have a magic wand to make everything right again for you. They may be from your perspective the face of the company but they are human and trust me it will be a very stressful environment to be working in and I do not envy them at the moment.

If you happen to read this and call up O2's customers service, please bear in mind what these guys must be going through currently and treat them some respect. A little empathy or word of support can really make the difference to the person on the other side of the line. By all means start the Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) process to log your complaint, but realise that it is unlikely that you will get a resolution until the problem has been fixed. You will be amazed how many people want to speak to a manager expecting them to be able to offer an alternative solution to your problem, speaking to them now will most likely not get you anything extra besides another voice confirming what you have already been told. If you feel you have not been properly compensated after the problem has been fixed by all means escalate your complaint, this will have been open since it was fist logged under a ADR but have realistic expectations to what you should be entitled too.

I wish 02 the best of luck in getting this resolved, in the meantime if you’re going to give them a ring please have a though for the person on the other side of the call, do not ask the impossible, have reasonable expectations, a little patience and I am sure that with that mind frame things can get resolved in a positive manor for all involved.

Thanks for reading

Iain

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
Having worked in a couple of call centres i completely agree re treating the person on the other end in a polite way.
Shouting and screaming, calling names or using profanity will not help you.
Think of it this way: if you were the person taking the call, how would you want to be spoken to?

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 2 of 3

Lewis14
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

A competitor, but says 02 instead of O2/o2? XD

Message 3 of 3