Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Signal in Bristol City Centre

LewisB
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I've been with O2 for about 2 years now, and 9 months ago I moved jobs and so I spend a lot of my time in Bristol City Centre. 

I have always had issues with data connectivity in the centre. 4G/5G my phone will have full signal, but no actual data connection, likely due to network contention issues. I recently got a new phone, and the issue persists, and many others I know who have O2 experience the same issues. The signal map will show full 4G coverage in the area, but this only works before 7AM or after 8PM on a weekday. It won't be reliable until I'm about a mile out of the area.

Are there plans to increase signal reliability in this area? I'm considering switching back to EE if things do not improve.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6618 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1488 Solutions

This is a community forum made up of customers like yourself so we have no information on network improvements. That information is never relayed to support staff either.

Coverage maps only ever show the strength of signal and not the quality.

Congestion is the biggest problem, too many customers for too little bandwidth available.

Don't expect improvements in the short term

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 2