Did you mean: 

O2 Payment update text phishing scam

Blank88
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi everyone,

I was caught out by this scam earlier today and had entered my email address and password on the link provided before I cottoned on as to what it was. I only entered these details, no bank account details.

I feel a right pillock.

I've changed by password and have contacted O2 about it but I'm asking to see if there is any other action I need to take right now.

I'm freaking out a bit.

Thanks

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions
Message 2 of 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions

@Blank88 

Changing your O2 password will be sufficient to protect your O2 account but if you use the same login details elsewhere, change those too.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 4

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hey there @Blank88 , just came across your topic here. Sorry to hear you came across this phishing scam too. Lots of those going around unfortunately. Hope you managed to check out all the information posted above (cheers guys @MI5 , @Bambino ). Additionally I'll link to our community guide topic around smishing and phishing in case helpful to you or anyone else viewing this topic later on. slight_smile

Message 4 of 4