Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Dongle webpages

PaddyB24
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I recently took out an O2 Dongle contract on top of my existing Mobile phone contract as I am using my laptop away from home a lot. (I do not have any form of Smart phone and do not use the internet through my mobile.)

Two frustrations:

1. Whenever I power up with the Dongle it opens a webpage for the Dongle - there seems to be no way of stopping this. The webpage is useless to me. The one piece of info that it might usefully offer me, the amount of download GBs left, is not shown. Instead it shows "Data Fuel Gauge: - - :- - " in hours and minutes. What use is that?

2. So to find out what download I have left I have to click on the "My O2" link. First page recognises me as logged in, but shows no info, so I click on "Manage My Account". Now it prompts me to log in again and when I have done this shows me account status for my mobile, but not the dongle! I have to click on "My O2" tab and then select the Dongle from the list of devices to finally see my download remaining figure. 5 webpages to get to the info that could have been presented on page one. (A cynic might suspect they are using up my download allowance deliberately.)

Certainly not good website design.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

PaddyB24
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Lo and behold - someone has changed something!

Now clicking on My O2 from the dongle page takes me straight to login and after that to a choice of devices so the third screen now has the info I want. An improvement, but hopefully we will get to the stage where the Dongle page shows the remaing GBs without further effort?

Message 2 of 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143186 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27459 Solutions
Probably be fixed tomorrow for you slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 8

PaddyB24
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Now back to where it was! 😞

Message 4 of 8

MI5
  • 143186 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27459 Solutions
Can you not choose your own homepage?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 8

PaddyB24
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have my home page and numerous default tabs set up - O2 is not of sufficient importance to supplant these.

The Dongle insists on opening its own page - there is no set up with it to allow me to change this or prevent it. This is the page:

20**Personal info**.png

Message 6 of 8

MI5
  • 143186 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27459 Solutions
Understood, but you would expect it to show there on that page.
Maybe @MeredesS can report this to O2 ?

Currently using:
Message 7 of 8

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hello @PaddyB24 happy Monday and welcome to our forum! smiley

Thanks for posting your feedback about the web page. Please feel free to share any additional comments or feedback that you might have too as we regularly pass these on to O2. 

Thanks!

Message 8 of 8