cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number Transfer not worked - inbound calls saying "number not recogised".

rw1985
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I'm new to o2 and my number transfer using PAC code went ahead over 2 weeks ago, although it says it's transferred, I cannot receive inbound calls or text messages, with the message "this number is not recognised" when people try and call.

I've spoken to technical support 3 times, gone through everything I needed to (including changing my iphone to make sure "my number" is up to date, turning off iMessage and FaceTime, then back on again, resetting network settings), but nothing has worked to rectify this.

I rely of receiving text messages for 2-factor authentication for my business and this 2 weeks of being dark is becoming detrimental to running my business as normal.

Despite o2 saying they would call me back about this twice, they have failed to do so. Any advice here would be greatly received!

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12157 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1131 Solutions

Let's see if the community advisors can help @rw1985 

Another problem with number porting for you to look into @O2Sarah- 

Is there a wider issue with number ports @Martin-O2 @Breanna ? There seems to be an increase in posts about them recently...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 2 of 8

O2Sarah-
  • 689 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

Thanks for the tag @gmarkj 

@rw1985 I will send you a private message so we can look into this. 

Message 3 of 8

Chester1
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Please could you help me with this too @O2Sarah- ? 
My number was ported from 3 and although my data works and I can make calls, it will say ‘number not recognised’ when someone calls me and I cannot receive texts. 

FaceTime and iMessage are also not working. 
I have tried resetting network, taking sim out, removing/adding the ‘my number’, and turning off/on again. 
I have called multiple times but it’s still unfortunately not sorted. When I call, they say it has ported over but I don’t think this can fully be the case? 
I cannot access my bank accounts or take any calls from work. 

I would greatly appreciate your help! 

Message 4 of 8

Bobby6782
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi All, this looks like there is a major issue with O2 and porting number, I reported this 2 weeks ago and I'm still no further. Customer Service saying all working and no one on socials responds and port exception say no issues but I've tried everything. This is appalling service for all new customers and I really am upset that this has gone on for more than 2 weeks now and no change or progress at all. O2 please help me and others on here and get this sorted. You are in breach of your contract not providing the services I am paying you for and also not providing any support here. Just passed over to same port or networking teams with no fix found yet.

Message 5 of 8

conrad1
  • 10 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have the same problem, posted yesterday: https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-As-You-Go/Lost-my-number-after-switching-to-O2/m-p/1625023

@O2Sarah-Have you had a chance to look into this? Seems like porting is not working these days and people are loosing their numbers... I lost my number I've used for 15 years...

Message 6 of 8

O2Sarah-
  • 689 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

Thanks for the tag @Chester1  

I will send you a private message so we can look into this

Message 7 of 8

rw1985
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

This is my exact scenario @Chester1, I'm missing a lot of important calls and unable to access bank accounts too. I hope yours gets resolved soon!

Message 8 of 8