cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not happy with o2

Anonymous
Not applicable

Recently (tuesday)  tried to order a refurbished Samsung s2 on a refresh deal.  

I received confirmation of my order and the credit paperwork. 

I phoned up Wednesday lunch time and was advised that I had been referred to a credit check. 

I phoned back Wednesday at 5pm and after being on phone for 15 minutes,  then getting cut off,  then phoning again for 30 minutes was advised that my order had been accepted, but the item was out of stock... 

So,  o2 have carried out the credit checks, (2 of,  1 for tablet and 1 for contract)  and then they did not have the decency to hold onto a item for me. 

This is wrong.   O2 could of affected my credit rating now and they have not even kept a tablet for me.

The least they could do is of kept one item for me until credit check was carried out.

Even more frustrating is that people online ordered after me and they now have their device...

Who do I need to speak to to explain my frustration, and will o2 be able to do anything about this...  

Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123382 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7476 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous The thing is when you place an order with O2 they often do credit checks. There is also no guarantee the item was in stock in the first place....as they don't have a live stock ordering system. Not sure whether you want to cancel your order or wait till they come back in stock? You could contact CS and ask when they expect the item to come back into stock http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

However, should you wish to go down the complaints route ...do it via this link http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Edited to add ...this would NOT affect your credit rating. It is normal practice for companies to undertake credit checks. You passed the check so not sure why you feel your rating would be affected at all?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Cleoriff
  • 123382 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7476 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous The thing is when you place an order with O2 they often do credit checks. There is also no guarantee the item was in stock in the first place....as they don't have a live stock ordering system. Not sure whether you want to cancel your order or wait till they come back in stock? You could contact CS and ask when they expect the item to come back into stock http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

However, should you wish to go down the complaints route ...do it via this link http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Edited to add ...this would NOT affect your credit rating. It is normal practice for companies to undertake credit checks. You passed the check so not sure why you feel your rating would be affected at all?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the quick response. if the item was due back in stock I would wait, but vs could not give me a timescale..

V frustrated...
Message 3 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 123382 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7476 Solutions

Then if you don't want to wait you need to ring CS and inform them you want to cancel. Have they taken payment from your bank?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just checked, nothing has gone out of my bank yet.

Thanks for advice on credit check also.
Message 5 of 9

jonsie
  • 93262 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions
This is all to common I'm afraid and who knows how long it will take to be available? It's a matter of waiting until someone returns an unwanted model. I would be cancelling.
Message 6 of 9

MI5
  • 145091 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27832 Solutions
Your credit status will be effected but only short term. The search will show on your file for a few weeks so if you were to apply for credit again it may have a negative impact.
After a couple of weeks it will disappear though so you would them be back to normal.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 7 of 9

Curr946
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions
Not strictly true, the record of the search is listed for 12 months but mostly ignored by others lenders after a month or so. Each lender views search history differently.
Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 8 of 9

MI5
  • 145091 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27832 Solutions
O2 will refuse you if you try again within 2 weeks.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 9 of 9