Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not getting mobile data

sndeall
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, I wonder whether anyone else has experienced this.  I have unlimited mobile data, but every so often my phone is not connecting to mobile data when I am out and about.  I need to have wifi.  I have tried everything possible, reset; switching on and off but still nothing works.  I have a samsung S23 Fe.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144640 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27730 Solutions

@sndeall 

Check for network issues etc.

Guide: How can I sort out my network issues? 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 9

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 36128 Posts
  • 229 Topics
  • 1604 Solutions

Could you be in an area of poor signal or of oversubscription when you experience these drops or lags, @sndeallGuide: How can I sort out my network issues? 

Message 3 of 9

sndeall
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have checked that and it seems to be okay.  It doesnt matter where I am - still cant get the data connecting.  

Message 4 of 9

MI5
  • 144640 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27730 Solutions

@sndeall 

Might be worth you popping in store with photo ID and get a free sim swap.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 9

sndeall
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I was on with O2 and they asked me to reset the network which I did but nothing changes; I had initially thought it was the handset, I changed this, but same problem.

Message 6 of 9

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 36128 Posts
  • 229 Topics
  • 1604 Solutions

Contact the O2 Social Media Team at one of the three ways in the link just below, @sndeall - when they come back to you, see if they can figure out the cause. Does the problem occur with others on O2 in those areas, or if you move your sim to a different phone? Also make sure your sim is properly seated in the phone and you can try cleaning the SIM with a soft, lint-free cloth, which sometimes helps. Good luck!

Message 7 of 9

sndeall
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Same thing happens when I move the sim to another phone.  So I guess I might try popping into an o2 store for a sim swap and see. 

Thanks everyone for your responses 

Message 8 of 9

MI5
  • 144640 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27730 Solutions

Best idea for now @sndeall 

Good luck.

Currently using:
Message 9 of 9