Did you mean: 

Not a question, but Praise for the online team

tj
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Published 2 seconds ago
Praise for the online team, absolutely outstanding service!!

Don't bother visiting the O2 shop Romford, if you want 02, do it online. Absolutely disgusting customer service. They could learn a lot from their colleagues at 02 online about customer service, who are absolutely outstanding by the way. iPhone X faulty less than 3 weeks old, the contract is in my name but the phone is my son's, he visited the shop to organise a replacement, nothing they could do without box or proof of purchase (school boy error on our part). Returned to the shop the next day with box and proof, told they couldn't do anything as he wasn't the account holder. They let him make a call from their shop to phone me, I make the 15minute journey to the shop, to be met with 2 staff members, Ashraf and Sim, who are clearly prejudice towards women, wouldn't even look at me while I was talking, but looked at my son when answering my questions, to then be told as we ordered the phone online they couldn't do anything. Now, not at anytime, on either occasion my son visited was this advised to him. Which I find ludicrous as its 02, So our time had been wasted. And 3rd day without a phone, I have been an 02 customer for over 10 years and the way we were treated in store, made me question whether to remain one. The saving Grace were your online team, Ahmed was absolutely amazing, even when I sounded off at him for the shops behaviour (I did apologise for this), at this time there was nothing he could do as the phone was still logged on to "find my iphone", bearing in mind the phone was unusable, so we couldn't log it out,  after phone calls to apple to get "find my iphone" deactiviated (sometimes security is to high) the 02advisor returned my call as promised, unfortunately he was still unable to do anything at this time, as the option to remove iphone was not there until the phone had been offline for 24 hours (not 02's fault, this is an apple security measure). Finally after 24 hours the phone was removed form iCloud and i called the online team again, different online advisor (sorry forgot her name) but just as accomodating as Ahmed, she organised the replacement and return.

The shop staff, Ashraf and Sim clearly need customer service training, they are face to face customer service, they should be the same if not more accommodating to customers, as the online team. No wonder shops are closing down and everything is going to online, if this is the service you are met with, I will not be stepping into an 02 shop again. Online all the way. Unfortunately there were no feedback survey sent with regards to the online team, so I am giving their praise here, its a  10/10.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93175 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions
Message 2 of 4

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

@tj You can also lodge a complaint here: https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 4

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your feedback @tj! We'll make sure both aspects of your experience are reported to the relevant teams. I'll need some details to find the advisor you spoke to so I'll drop you a quick message. 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 4 of 4