Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nokia 1020

durhamdad
Level 3: Thinker
  • 50 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi my Nokia 1020 arrived yesterday for my testing and review I will be getting to grips with it over the next week and will keep you posted
live each day as if its your last because one day it will be
Message 1 of 37
36 REPLIES 36

Anonymous
Not applicable
Toby promised. I have it in blood as well as writing. His life wouldn't be worth living lol (only kidding Toby - it will just be months of torture).

No, Toby has confirmed the address. It is coming. It is on its way. Note 4 - come to Daddy lol
Message 11 of 37

Cleoriff
  • 122354 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Toby promised. I have it in blood as well as writing. His life wouldn't be worth living lol (only kidding Toby - it will just be months of torture).

No, Toby has confirmed the address. It is coming. It is on its way. Note 4 - come to Daddy lol

Just hope it hasn't gone to your old address....and is sitting there waiting...LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 12 of 37

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
How's the sundial working out @jonsie
I find it VERY nice fitting with the curve instead of a square block
Message 14 of 37

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

It's working well and so easy to set up. It's fine without the block but I'm pretty rough on watches so I'm finding myself trying to protect it all the time. Very handy though and I can see myself indulging in one of these before too long. Battery life is very good too. Still on the initial charge:smileyhappy:

Message 15 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable
Fortunately Toby has confirmed the address. Had it gone to the old address I would have gone to get it then demanded to keep it following the 6 hour drive and fuel etc. (Well one has to try doesn't one).

As for postie Jonsie whilst it is rare for parcels to go missing it does happen. I'd do time lol 😆😆😆😆😆
Message 16 of 37

viridis
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
Took a bit of work to get it all set up and going sans Samsung phone to pair it to for initialisation. But all good now
Just sooooooo protective of it, but it does seem quite robust.
Love the curved screen.
Message 17 of 37

viridis
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
Ha @Anonymous
Can't see toby going for that excuse for keeping it.
Message 18 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable
I tried all sorts on the Note 3 I trialled in TTT. I tried everything from bribery and corruption to warnings and threats. Toby weren't having any of it. I even tried to offer a brown envelope stuffed with cash.

I did get one in the end. But not from Toby. He held firm lol 😆😆😆😆
Message 19 of 37

cyrillicguy
Level 8: Talented
  • 247 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

@durhamdad wrote:
Hi my Nokia 1020 arrived yesterday for my testing and review I will be getting to grips with it over the next week and will keep you posted

1020 is a nice piece of hardware imo. Love Windows Phone in general, love its concept, UI/looks and user experience. Lack of attention from app developers is a shame though, although I'm somehow managing to survive on it slight_smile Email, major messengers, note taking, maps, Feedly, Pocket - that covers about 99% of my daily needs. Would love to see WP spinning off sometime in the future, really would slight_smile

Message 20 of 37