Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nobody can hear me!

MM22
Level 1: Joiner
  • 19 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi all, I have an Alcatel 1 phone which is fine for my needs, except recently people are saying they can't hear me.  I can hear them fine, but they say I am breaking up.  Happens even with full charge.

I make as few calls as possible, I send the odd text by phone but do nearly everything else online, favouring e-mail, WhatsApp and Messenger. 

However, sometimes I have no choice: my GP surgery refuses any contact except voice calls and I no longer have a landline.  The phone works fine connected by Bluetooth to my car software, even parked directly outside the house, the problem is with calls made using the phone itself inside the house. 

I get 2-3 bars reception on the phone and similar on the car software.  Thanks if anyone can help.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144490 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27685 Solutions

@MM22 

Sounds like the mic on your phone may be faulty.

Try your sim in another phone and if OK, yours is faulty.

Check if the hole for the mic is blocked by fluff or being covered by a phone case etc.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 2