Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No response from fraud team

TJC86
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

My wife has been a victim of fraud. In July she received a default letter from O2 through the post. She contacted customer services straight away and they said 2 contracts were set up in her name. They logged the case with the fraud team and they said she would be contacted within 28 days. She didn’t hear back and has been chasing ever since, calling every week to be told that she would be contacted by a “manager” within 48 hours which never materializes. I think it’s just a line they use to get her off the line. She has also emailed the complaints team with no response.

Today she received a letter from a debt collection agency demanding payment of over £2000. She is at a compete loss on what to do. O2 never follow through with any promise and it has been ongoing for 3 months now which I find quite perplexing! We are due to renew our mortgage in the coming months and no doubt this will complicate matters.

How can this be resolved ASAP?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1

Oxonian
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 5833 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

@TJC86 

If you have already complained but without success, an obvious next step would be to go to the Ombudsman. However, I suggest that you try Resolver first, as several members of this forum have reported getting acceptable results from them :-

How to Complain | Help | O2

https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Message 2 of 2