Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No data roaming in spain

Jasonh
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi,just had problem resolved after a few days trying having zero access to data in Spain away from wifi.If you have checked all your settings are on for data roaming and you have tried everything else in youn connections setting reset your Access Point Name..actually saw reset apn on forums but didnt know what the abbreviation was for..sorted me!!
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122901 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

So pleased you are sorted @Jasonh. I presume you have an iPhone?

I ask this, as its always iphones which create problems when used abroad....and only with O2

All other network devices work perfectly with no issues when taken out of the country...

Welcome to the forum by the way Welcome (and very pleased we were able to help) wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 8

Jasonh
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi no Samsung S9...I am presuming this is a default setting on this model as I changed phones a few days before leaving for europe
Message 3 of 8

MI5
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
It has become our standard advice now due to so many issues.
Glad you found it slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 8

Cleoriff
  • 122901 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

@Jasonh wrote:
Hi no Samsung S9...I am presuming this is a default setting on this model as I changed phones a few days before leaving for europe

That could be the reason then...the change of phone. Needless to say we are pleased it's sorted wink

For others in the same situation....this is the guide to follow

https://www.teamknowhow.com/discover/discover/o2-apn-settings

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 8

bmarton
  • 11 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks everyone at O2 Community -- I resolved the same problem by resetting the APN on my CAT S30 (old Android 5.1). Data roaming worked in some countries and not in some others before I found the threads on this. The problem is, I've talked to at least three different advisors via Online Chat and in O2 stores, none of whom mentioned APN. Any chance of O2 drawing the attention of their colleagues to this?

Message 6 of 8

MI5
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions

@bmarton wrote:

Any chance of O2 drawing the attention of their colleagues to this?

It's been fed back so many times already, but Image result for banging head against brick wall emoji

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 8

Cleoriff
  • 122901 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

A long standing problem @bmarton

Fed back by us constantly all to no avail.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 8