cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No coverage on iphone in France!

Anonymous
Not applicable

The main supplier in France is Orange.fr and it would seem that O2 does not talk to Orange fr anymore, and as that is the strongest signal by far in France it means that 02 customers cannot come to France and expect a signal on their O2 phones.  This is very inconvenient!  Have I got my facts right?

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Can you not use roaming ?

http://www.o2.co.uk/international/o2-travel

Or use a local sim if its a short holiday.
Message 2 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

O2 still has an agreement with Orange in France. It may be a issue with Orange, your phone or your sim.

Message 3 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

My sister who is with me is registered with Tesco which I understand is provided by 0.2. and she cannot received Orange, france, although she once could.  Two phones cannot be wrong, there must be another solution, as both our phones will pick up at Toulouse airport another provider which is useless in the area we are staying for the summer. Any other solutions? Thanks for your email.

Message 4 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Make that 6 phones cannot be wrong. Mine doesn't work. My wife's on giffgaff which uses the O2 network, two friends visited, both on O2. We can all 'see' orange.fr but get 'network access denied'.

I bring a PAYG Vodafone SIM back from UK and it works fine. Anywhere.

I am just about to ask for my PAC fromo2, as they are denying any problem.

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Connecting-to-Orange-fr-network-in-France/m-p/50...
Message 5 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for updating your thread.

I hope your happier with your new Mobile Phone Network.

Message 6 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the reply, now I know that ours is not an isolated case. I will change to Vodaphone sim card when I get to the U.K. Thanks again.

Message 7 of 10

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

o2 on twitter have said this is now resolved

We just got an update explaining the roaming issue with Orange FR should be resolved - customers may need to manually select the network

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 8 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Same problem here (Dordoigne) with another two O2 phones. My wife and I can roam with Bouygues but not with Orange or SFR. But there is no Bouygues coverage at our gîte - we have to drive 2 miles up the road to get a weak signal. Last year and year before, at same place, with same phones and SIMs we had no difficulty connecting to either Orange or SFR, both of which have a strong 5-bar signal. Friends here with T-Mob phones have no problem. I've been engaged with O2 support via Live Chat and Twtter for a week now, with no result. They seem to think it is a problem with phone settings, which it clearly isn't - profoundly unimpressed with O2 help/support.
Message 9 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
P.S. Contrary to Adamtemp64's encouraging message, the issue is NOT resolved - at least not here, now.
Message 10 of 10