cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New iPhone Today

Anonymous
Not applicable
So it seems Apple are set to launch a new iPhone today.

How long will it be before O2 advise if we'll be allowed to upgrade early like we were with the iPhone 3G?

Be nice to see some prompt decision on what options are available to us.
Message 1 of 54
53 REPLIES 53

Anonymous
Not applicable
june 19 UK
Message 2 of 54

Anonymous
Not applicable
Link To pricing and Iphone Tethering Details

http://www.techradar.com/news/phone-and ... -uk-606705
Message 3 of 54

Anonymous
Not applicable
rather annoyingly i have only recently signed a 24 month contract, i hope as that article predicts there will be a backlash because no suggestion of a new iphone was made to me by the o2 representative.
Message 4 of 54

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thats because they didn't know.
Message 5 of 54

Anonymous
Not applicable
And at what stage would people not be annoyed at this new phone? Unfortunately during a 24 month contract on a 3g iphone that has been out for a year already there was always going to be a new one before the contract ran it's course.
Message 6 of 54

Anonymous
Not applicable
i know, im just bitter tongue its a little annoying but i guess its my fault for not waiting. i just hope o2 have some reasonable compromise for existing customers. that said the 3G is still miles ahead of any other mobile handset, i cant really complain
Message 7 of 54

Anonymous
Not applicable
slight_smile I can see how it could be annoying. But anyhoo, it looks like you can upgrade during your contract (if I read correctly) for a large-ish fee. You could then sell your 3g phone for a decent amount to offset this. Not ideal, but it's something.
Message 8 of 54

Anonymous
Not applicable
Absolutely bloody outrageous! O2 are completely taking advantage of this iPhone monopoly. Wanting us to pay for the phone is absolutely fine, but expecting iPhone customers to buy themselves out of contracts is disgusting. The massive majority of those who really want an iPhone already have one and they know this! Every single iPhone 3G customer has at least 7 months to run on their contract, because if I remember correctly, it came out on July 17th last year. O2 are fully aware of the Apple loyalty that exists and are completely taking advantage of this and their customers, to the point of extortion. And also, the UK prices are less than competitive! $199 and $299 in the US - today's exchange rate: $1 = 0.62p. That equates to £125 and £188! So £184 and £274 is, quite frankly, daylight robbery!

Very poor form O2. I can't remember a time that a company has so blatantly and unashamedly ripped off it's customers. I'd love to think that 3GS sales would be diabolically low, with current iPhone customers refusing to pay themselves out of the final 3rd of their contracts, but we all know that won't happen. Extremely disappointing.
Message 9 of 54

Anonymous
Not applicable
It's not outrageous at all. Nobody is being forced to get the new model, it's purely personal choice.
Message 10 of 54