Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network outRAGE help appreciated

Jo1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 12 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Does anyone know if o2 are actually giving compensation for yesterday’s outage? I have 2 monthly plans and one pay as you go with them. One monthly one is my husbands business one & I was expecting a important call from the hospital yesterday so this has had an effect on my husbands business and made me miss an important call, I am pulling my hair out as even the online agents are busy and I have actually been cut off at one point...although the signal is back today it is very weak and coming and going, my phone is still only working because I’m connected to my wi fi at home, my phone signal is actually down to 1 bar so may have to try to ring off my house phone which will obviously charge me and on top of that I have had my husbands bill through today and am really holding a grudge paying for it, I’ve been with o2 for years well over 6+ so really annoyed by this and feel they should be contacting us not the other way around...sorry for the rant
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

lauranel
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Apparantey £75 - it better be per mobile as i have 3 phones on this contract and lost a shed load of business and moeny yesterday !!!

You need to call up for it though ! Shambles - should be that each phone is credited £75 to their account automaticaly

Message 2 of 8

Jo1
  • 12 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Omg really???....it should be for each device as it’s affected all devices, I am FUMING and will be arguing for compensation per device, surely we can take it to the financial ombudsman as it has affected each device and we pay for each one so should be compensated the same, there must be a case for financial ombudsman there???
Message 3 of 8

josephone
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Any joy on the network. I am apay as you go customer and for two days my text messages have not been delievered. This led me to get an extra tiop up thinking i may have have smehoe run out of text messages but my account has not updated with the deatails. It seems this top up was not necessary as still not working. Actually quite imortant at the moment as need to egt in touch with someone re travel arrangements who is not on whatsapp. Can you advise / update? 

Message 4 of 8

ewanrw
Level 10: Inspirational
  • 342 Posts
  • 15 Topics
  • 9 Solutions
Probably more like 75p.

You’re only entitled to be refunded for the period of time you were without airtime, so 1/31 of your monthly airtime cost.

You may be able to claim for more, but you would need to be able to prove your losses.

Anyway, they’ll probably give a goodwill £10 voucher to spend in an o2 store or something.
Message 5 of 8

cathy
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

my pay as you go mobile still says text failed even though it gets delivered

Message 6 of 8

Jo1
  • 12 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
i have just spoken to o2 finally and there is NO MORE compensation being given at this point, there will be a statement released but they don’t know when and depending on what type of tariff you have with them it will only be a days line rental. I have just gone nuts over the phone and threatened to go to the financial ombudsman if my compensation does not reflect some of our loss of earnings. The lady I spoke to was very understanding and totally agreed with me when I advised her I do not want to pay my husbands bill and said that o2 should be paying interest for every day they do not pay me my compensation and she actually agreed with me. But they do not know when the statement will be made, there are still some issues with txtn, calls and the data but mostly resolved and the company are monitoring it closely...but NO MORE COMPENTATION will be made until they have had discussions and ateeeled on what to give to who. Sorry guys
Message 7 of 8

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hi everyone, and thanks for reporting issues with the network. We have an official topic about this so we're locking this thread to keep the conversation in one please. Please use this thread to find out our latest updates and share your feedback. 

Thanks, 

The community team. 

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 8 of 8