cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network connectivity issues

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all

Just thought I would share my experiences over the last 4 weeks. About 4 weeks ago I lost  signal / connectivity in my home, I live in Basingstoke RG24 9**. Over the last 4 weeks I have rebooted / factory reset and sim swapped. I daily report the lack of signal asnd get various messages from no error / error / fixed error.  I have visited the Basingstoke store on 4 different occasions. My kids are with O2 and dont seem to affected. 

So I decided to visit o2 in Basingstoke and get an early upgrade. I have a samsung galaxy mini s4 gt i9195. 

I arrived at the store at 630pm, half an hour before closing. The chap there knows me as we have talked several times and he has always been very helpful. He said that the upgrade team would be able to arrange something and he would speak to them as he did not have authority in store. 

He waited on hold for 20 mins and got through. We went through various options and the lady on the phone was friendly. However, unfortunately, even though I was in an o2 store I was not allowed to have phone upgrade immediately as it was now 710pm and the store had closed. I explained I was in the store and passed her to the store ambassador who confimed the phone was in stock and he had one in his hand ready to give me. However, the upgrade team said he was not authorised to let me have the phone as the store had now officially closed. They said they could call me tomorrow, I said the reason I was in store was because I have no signal......

I also heard that 2 masts are down around the M3 area which is causing some issues... the saga continues

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
It's crazy innit......
I wonder if it was because the tills would have gone offline...?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 6

Cleoriff
  • 122363 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I wonder what rule would have been broken if they had sold you the phone 'after shop hours'...Confused Beggars belief really. I presume as a member of staff was instore with you...the shop wasn't closed at all....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

i am in Basingstoke had major problems past 6 weeks, I haven't heard or been told about any faulty masts ?

Sue

Message 4 of 6

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

i am in Basingstoke had major problems past 6 weeks, I haven't heard or been told about any faulty masts ?

Sue

Check your postcode here http://status.o2.co.uk/

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 6

jonsie
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Live results for Basingstoke, England, Hants

• Sorry a phone mast close to you isn't working

This means you might experience problems making calls, using the internet, or sending/receiving emails.

Updated 11:30 (refreshed hourly). Recent faults might not show yet.

Register for ongoing updates on this issue.
  •  
  •  
    Normal coverage for Voice, text and email (2G)
    Making calls, sending texts, using email on your phone.
    Good indoors and outdoors.

•  
    Normal coverage for Mobile internet and voice (3G)
    Fast networking. For smartphones, dongles and tablets.
    Good indoors and outdoors. Good for mobile broadband.

•  
    Normal coverage for Mobile Internet (4G)
    Seamless connectivity and mobile internet.
    Good indoors and outdoors. Good for mobile broadband.

Message 6 of 6