cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NO SIGNAL at home

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey, Any solution to this....

I have had no signal at home now for 3 days! My husband has lost signal on his phone too at exactly the same time. Both O2 in Southampton area.

Tried the sim, wiping it, trying it in another phone etc. Restarted the phone. Chatted online to O2 and followed all their instructions but still...nothing. No reports of works going on in the area and everyone else's phones work fine. HTC phones.

Both our phones work fine as soon as soon as we step out the house but inside = nothing. They work indoors elsewhere - at work etc. just home that we can't call/text.

Usually we have no problem getting signal. I don't understand how it was working one minute and not the next.

Quite frustrating!! Any answers?

Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks all!

I had checked the postcode and tried 2G only etc. but nothing.

GOOD NEWS - signal suddenly came back today!! Whatever they did it must have worked. Very strange - nearly 4 days no signal in home only. Elsewhere OK.

Still...problem solved now!

Message 8 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143425 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
I can only guess that a cell tower might be running at reduced power or something like that.... It seems strange that you get a complete block when indoors....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Any suggestions to solve this?!

Message 3 of 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143425 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Do you know other people (neighbours etc) on O2 who are struggling too? The more people you can get to call CS to log the issue the better the response will be....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Will see what I can find out. Thanks
Have a feeling that's going to mean waiting = no signal for a little while!

Message 5 of 9

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Have you checked with your postcode here:

http://status.o2.co.uk/

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 6 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

in the mean time if you have a iphone or android phone download TuGo if you have WIFI at your home address it will still allow you to call and text as normal.

hope it helps

Message 7 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks all!

I had checked the postcode and tried 2G only etc. but nothing.

GOOD NEWS - signal suddenly came back today!! Whatever they did it must have worked. Very strange - nearly 4 days no signal in home only. Elsewhere OK.

Still...problem solved now!

Message 8 of 9

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Glad it's fixed for you now! slight_smile

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 9 of 9