cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Samsung Wave - frustrated

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've recently received my new Samsung Wave and very excited I was about it. Got all the settings for the internet, facebook, twitter, e-mail etc and then I thought I'd try and take some pictures and download them onto my pc. What a nightmare, the driver will not install. Thought it was my pc at first so tried it on another laptop but still the same. The main reason I got this phone as part of my monthly contract was because it seemed to be able to take good pics and so was going to use it as a digital camera as well as a phone.

Anyone suggestions before it gets slung out of the window!!! Please!!!!

UPDATE - been told by Samsung that they still have 1 or 2 issues with the handset so got to send it back to 02 - exchanging it for another make / model etc not going through that again.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi dawnandian6

Will you please provide some more information on your computer specification.
1) If windows - Which version? Xp or Vista.
There was an issue with vista 64bit. ( Installing kies)
But heard it got resolved.

Would suggest you to try a different way.
Instead of using the CD to install the SAMSUNG Kies,PC Sync, Install it from the site.
Below is the link.
http://www.samsungmobile.co.uk/mobile-p ... ve-support
Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've recently received my new Samsung Wave and very excited I was about it. Got all the settings for the internet, facebook, twitter, e-mail etc and then I thought I'd try and take some pictures and download them onto my pc. What a nightmare, the driver will not install. Thought it was my pc at first so tried it on another laptop but still the same. The main reason I got this phone as part of my monthly contract was because it seemed to be able to take good pics and so was going to use it as a digital camera as well as a phone.
UPDATE - been told by Samsung that they still have 1 or 2 issues with the handset so got to send it back to 02 - exchanging it for another make / model etc not going through that again.

Send it back and get a real phone. Has Samsung ever made anything decent?

Controversial, I know! But I would like to hear some responses. It can be anything, TV's, printers etc.

I just would never consider them as a brand.
Message 3 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Send it back and get a real phone. Has Samsung ever made anything decent?

Controversial, I know! But I would like to hear some responses. It can be anything, TV's, printers etc.

I just would never consider them as a brand.

I'd never have a Samsung phone either.
Message 4 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've got Vista on my laptop but Samsung have told me that the board inside the phone is damaged but thanks for your advice. I had downloaded the Samsung Kies from their site anyway.
Message 5 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've got Vista on my laptop but Samsung have told me that the board inside the phone is damaged but thanks for your advice. I had downloaded the Samsung Kies from their site anyway.
Message 6 of 6