Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Experience of leaving O2

zipppydj
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

After being a loyal O2 customer for many many years, I decided to leave & transfer the two numbers on my account to EE. Requesting the PAC code & transfer of both numbers all went smoothly. I've been waiting several weeks for a final bill as they are supposed to issue one 14 days after leaving. Once you leave O2, you no longer have access to the app. The website help page suggests that you can log into your account via the website to see your final bill. I logged in this morning & couldn't see a final bill or any of my previous bills. After being passed to three different people, I finally spoke to someone in the Legacy customer services dept. They informed me that a final bill was issued on the 16th February to which I never received. They said I didn't get sent a bill as I didn't owe them anything but....., they did owe me something. So, how would I know how much refund I was due & when would this be refunded to me. I've requested a copy of the final bill as I don't like to leave loose ends, being charged £1 for the privilege. My refund is now hopefully being processed & I should receive it within 10 days. The agent couldn't explain why I couldn't see the bill on my account. So, if you are leaving O2, make sure you download any legacy bills that you may need & don't rely on them to send you a final bill or automatically refund any monies, despite leaving my direct debit open. Hope this helps someone. 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23115 Posts
  • 1026 Topics
  • 3684 Solutions

@zipppydj I wouldn't trust anything you've been told. To protect yourself, leave your Direct Debit open and wait until you receive whatever refund you're due, and a hard copy stating that your account is officially closed before shutting the DD down. You only have to scroll through the forum pages to see the nightmares some have had with their credit files because O2 said they still owed what amounts to a pittance.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 3

zipppydj
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

That's shocking, It's one of the reasons I've insisted on a final bill. I regularly check my credit file but will keep an eye out for anything. Thanks.

Message 3 of 3