cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mozo Case / Replacement Back Review (Lumia 950)

Curr946
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions

So, having replaced my lost Lumia 950 i thought to myself, I fancy one of those mozo cases that everyone over on AAWP podcast etc were raving on about. So, I jumped online and bought one direct from Mozo to avoid all getting a fake. I bought the black on black, but there are other colour options available.

Direct Link to my purchase: http://mozoaccessories.com/product/back-cover-for-lumia-950-black-rubber-paint/

The case is sold as a premium replacement back for the 950, boosting to protect the phone from bumps etc. It is sold as having genuine hand waxed leather, and being designed in partnership with Microsoft, comes will NFC and Qi charging coil preinstalled.

After my order was placed, i waiting for it to arrive, I was genuinely excited at having such a well designed, well built, premium leather back on its way....

When the case arrived I almost wet my pant with joy, but that joy was short lived!

As soon as i opened the packaging and held the case, I realised the it didn't live up to all the hype. Don't get me wrong, it has the NFC etc installed as promised, and it fitted the phone just as the original back did. However, it was far from what i would consider premium. The "genuine" leather felt plasticity and was thinner than Asda's smart price loo roll. I know this because the leather was curling up at the corners from where it wasn't glued down correctly, and I'm a cheap skate and buy cheap loo roll.

If anyone is thinking of getting one of these cases based on its "premium" quality, don't!. If you want a cheap feeling, unbranded case that come in various colour options, don't buy this. Jump onto eBay or Amazon and get a cheap case. If you want a case that will protect your phone from bumps.... don't buy this. The claim that this case will help protect your phone from bumps is not even an exaggeration, it is a plain and simple lie!

Anyway, if anyone out there wants one of these "brilliant" cases, I have one for sale grin

IMG-20160411-WA0014.jpgIMG-20160411-WA0015 (2).jpg

Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

PhoneChanger
Level 30: Meditator
  • 1343 Posts
  • 65 Topics
  • 101 Solutions
Saddened to hear these don't live up to expectations, there way a lot of talk and market hype with these aftermarket cases, and in a lot of instances there are some big waits on shipping times.
Message 2 of 5

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Lovely review @Curr946 but sorry to hear it wasn't perfect!

How was the feedback on AAWP? They must have been really positive for to buy one!

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 3 of 5

Curr946
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions
They hyped it @Toby stating it adding a premium feel to the somewhat plastic Lumia... And yeah in a way it adds something but certainly not premium. Maybe if it was only a £10 I wouldn't be so disappointed.
Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 4 of 5

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

If only most things were £10 @Curr946 grin

Great review regardless mate!

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 5 of 5