Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving from Talk Talk

Brian1958
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi I have been with talk talk for many years now, they have stopped supplying handsets & are offering sim only contracts, or advising to change to o2, I'm just asking if others have changed to o2 from talk talk & if they are pleased with the service etc.... Thanks From Brian......

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123369 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7476 Solutions

Hi @Brian1958 I have never been with Talk Talk...only ever O2.They have more on offer than Talk Talk anyway....You are able to choose from a Refresh contact, A sim only plan...or Pay as you go.

All phones and tariffs can be found in the shop here https://www.o2.co.uk/shop

it's entirely your choice. We always advise to go with the network which gives you the best coverage and deal for you. Information about Refesh Contracts here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/How-does-O2-Refresh-work/ba-p/1014093

Welcome to the forum Welcome

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 6

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23219 Posts
  • 1030 Topics
  • 3694 Solutions

@Brian1958 As @Cleoriff has said, check all the networks before you make any decision. For me, coverage is always paramount. A great deal is useless if you don't get a good signal in the places you frequent most. I would suggest you get Pay & Go sims from all the networks and see which one suits best before you commit to anything long term.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145053 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27831 Solutions
There is some good advice here from MSE https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/phones/2018/01/talktalk-mobile-customers-to-be-offered-o2-dea...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 4 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

If you change to O2  @Brian1958@ you'll find a much better choice of handset and a lot more bells and whistles offered than you are used to with Talk Talk,  but that monthly tarrifs  are going to be higher as a result. 

If you are happy with the network coverage you have at the moment, Tesco Mobile who are also on the O2 network, are much closer to the TalkTalk experience that you are used to, if anything with better service.

The fact that Tesco Mobile directly compete with TalkTalk mobile and it's sister Carphone's ID mobile in the mid-market mvno arena is probably why they are steering people 'up' to 02 .

Message 5 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Also from what I read TalkTalk mobile are winding up operations, people will be able to see out their TTM contracts but will only be offered O2 contracts upon renewal. They won't be offering any new contracts and are pulling out of the mobile market completely. They won't however allow people to terminate penalty free whilst still in minimum term, so you'd need to pay off if you wanted to move if  that were the case.

Broadband ect won't be affected, they say, but if I were a betting man I'd say that Talk Talk will be taken over by Sky or Plusnet (BT) within a year.

Message 6 of 6