cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving 02 number from CPW contract to Mobiles UK

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am fed up with waiting for Carhpone Warehouse to have a suitable replacement for XDA Orbit (Windows Mobile being essential) using 02 so have selected an HTC Touch 2 from Mobiles UK (a CPW company !). How do I transfer the same number across ? Clues will be helpful... Thanks. 😐
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Level 9: Fired up
  • 1487 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I hear one way is to get your SIM converted to PAYG once your contract expires.
Once that's happened, request a PAC from O2.
Then go to your chosen retailer and start a new contract, giving them the PAC.
If all goes well, your old number gets ported to your new contract.

It was originally worked out as a way to port a CPW O2 number to O2 Direct.
Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
You don't need to move your number to pre pay any more.

All you need to do is request a pac code for the number you want to keep. Then, once you've got your new contract ask o2 to use the pac to migrate your number from the old account to the new one.
Message 3 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks a lot for this. I will follow up today and post a message when all is (successfully) completed .... Fingers crossed :robotindifferent:
Message 4 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
All proved to be issues: 02 hadn't got all the info they needed to do porting so took a lot longer to get their commitment. Certainly seems worth double checking with them if you have any doubts about the process (which I didn't, in admin terms) so a bit tricky. Endless phone calls and unanswered emails to Mobiles UK finally came up with the answer that I was going to have to cancel my order, return all my goods and start all over again. Why oh why did I bother to set up my new mobile this week ?

The phone is great though - just a pity about not being able to make / receive calls :robotsad:
Message 5 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
All proved to be issues: 02 hadn't got all the info they needed to do porting so took a lot longer to get their commitment. Certainly seems worth double checking with them if you have any doubts about the process (which I didn't, in admin terms) so a bit tricky. Endless phone calls and unanswered emails to Mobiles UK finally came up with the answer that I was going to have to cancel my order, return all my goods and start all over again. Why oh why did I bother to set up my new mobile this week ?
The phone is great though - just a pity about not being able to make / receive calls :robotsad:

you should be able to contact o2 dırectly and they can sort the portıng ın of numbers for you

- Dann
Message 6 of 6