Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile data

Traceystevo
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I'll never use o2 again I never ever use all my data I've normally got over a gig left but this time I used it all because I listened to capitol radio at work and it used all my data so had buy more even though I got rid of the radio off my phone it still used up all my data fast I'll use sky next time so my data that I don't use rolls over and they don't take it. 02 do nothing for long time loyal custoners
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144723 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27734 Solutions
If I'm understanding you correctly, you are complaining because you used all your data?
How are you going to roll over your data with Sky if you've used it all up too?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 123164 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
If I'm understanding you correctly, you are complaining because you used all your data?
How are you going to roll over your data with Sky if you've used it all up too?

Mmmmmm...good question. wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 9

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12113 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1126 Solutions
You would be better off understanding why it is still being used if you have stopped using the radio app and streaming.
Check the data counter (settings --> mobile data). It shows what app(s) are using data since the last time the counter was reset - you can set this to be the same time your monthly billing cycle so it captures it.
This way if you do decide to switch then you can still watch out for data hungry apps.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 4 of 9

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Data bolt ons do roll over for one month if you don't use it all. Are you saying this didn't happen or did you use all that too?

This would happen with any network though I believe one network charges you less the next month on payandgo if you don't use all your data allowance. 

Message 5 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm not sure why the OP didn't realise it would happen, but I've got to say that O2 need to up their game with their tariffs. I've got the sim only 1GB 'Big Bundle'  for £10 a month and I just get 100 minutes and 100 texts with it. Most of the opposition are now offering far better data loaded deals for the same price or even as low as £7.

I've been with O2 for years and have been hanging on expecting them to offer better sim only deals for months, but I'll change suppliers when my current credit runs out if they don't come up with something better.

Message 6 of 9

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

It's been mentioned elsewhere that O2 tariffs are quite possibly the least value for money out there. Yes they do some good offers and money off at certain times but they are aimed at new customers or those who are in a situation to renew a sim only contract part way through. 

Message 7 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 123164 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

It's been mentioned elsewhere that O2 tariffs are quite possibly the least value for money out there. Yes they do some good offers and money off at certain times but they are aimed at new customers or those who are in a situation to renew a sim only contract part way through. 

Although we both dropped in rather luckily with our sim only tariffs last year @jonsie. Good offers which allowed us half price for 6 months...:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 9

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

We did but when I had to return here the tariff I had chosen only had 500mb of data as I didn't use it in Thailand 🇹🇭. To get one of the 8gb offers in May with £8/month discount i had to renew the contract for a further 12 months. It wasn't a problem for me but that offer was available to new customers too.

My way of thinking is that there should be more offers exclusive to existing customers. EE do have exclusive offers for existing customers though I'm not sure if the other networks do. O2's fair deal for all doesn't do it for me. 

Message 9 of 9