cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile Diconnected

Anonymous
Not applicable

I recently went from doing temp work to going into full time employment which meant there would be a period of time when I would not be paid. I went onto O2 chat a month ago and changed the payment date I have a copy of the chat. I recently started to get reminders that my bill was due so again went onto online and again had a conversation which I thought had sorted this, I again went on chat and this time told to call which I did do. I then got a reminder to say that my payment was overdue. After 3 more online chats and call was finally told this had been sorted and not to worry I would not be disconnected.

I was disconnected !

I tried to resolve this online today, to be honest they are a waste of time I don't know why they have this service. I was then told I had to phone, I called and was on hold for 20 minutes I finally spoke to someone who was genuinley trying to help. She is going to call me back as I had been on the phone for 40 minutes, she finished by saying that she could not be certain that my line would be reconnected. 

Considering I have never missed a payment in the past and kept to 1 other agreement over a year ago I am not happy about this. How can agreements verbally and in chat be broken. I need my phone for my new job and will be working away from home for the next week. Anyone advise me with what to do?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143182 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27459 Solutions
You can try a complaint but they may take 10 days to get back to you.
You are better off continuing with customer services as they are the only ones who can reconnect you.
It's never advisable to miss a payment as the system is automated and once a payment is missed there is little anyone can do to stop it.
Was the date you tried to change too close to your bill date?
You usually need to give 6 clear days for account billing changes.
http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 6

jonsie
  • 92812 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6909 Solutions

Anything account related I always advise to call in the first instance. If you need to use chat it's best to use the link on the complaints page as they are usually UK based and very helpful. As said persevere with customer service but you might get some help from the complaints chat. Try them, nothing to lose.

https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Message 3 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

I first contact them in August when I knew I was being offered a perm job, What I am annoyed about is that I have at least 5/6 people tell me on the phone and chat that my line would not be disconnected and that it had all been sorted. Surely a verbal and agreem made on chat and I have copies of should stand?

Message 4 of 6

MI5
  • 143182 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27459 Solutions
Chat is unreliable. You aren't to know that but we see it often on here.
A complaint is advisable but CS may be quicker.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 6

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hey @Anonymous do you have an update on your situation? Did customer services agree to reconnect your line?

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 6 of 6