Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migration from Virgin Mobile

SpacePhoenix
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

What paperwork should I have received from O2 when I got migrated over to O2 from Virgin Mobile. To date O2 haven't sent me any sort of paper work by post, email or text. They didn't even send me the details that I needed to sign into MyO2. It wasn't until I got a "late bill payment reminder" email that had my account number on it that I was able to reset my MyO2 password. Only then could I even view the bill.

I tried contacting them via PMs on Facebook, they take over a day to reply to any message so by the time they reply, the last security code you give them might well be out of date if you've since logged into MyO2

The Direct Debit should have been setup automatically when I got migrated over, they've failed to do so and they've failed to tell me why it didn't get setup.

For a communications company O2 fail miserably at communicating

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10250 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3016 Solutions

@SpacePhoenix 

Al the information o2 has on your account, is what is Virgin send over so if that information is missing or incorrect at the source ie.Virgin then it will be incorrect at the destination, and it may have needed manual correction. 

Your direct debit may have been rejected by your bank on setup, and lots of other reasons. 

I would check your Junk Mail etc.

To setup the Direct Debit you can call the Payment Management Team on 0800 902 0217

And to be fair on a migration of >100K customers errors will happen, no matter how small.

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 9

SpacePhoenix
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Just contacted Nationwide, and they say that O2 haven't even attempted the Direct Debit and nothing is showing as being set up or attempted t be set up.

I check my junk mail everytime I check my emails, nothing there and any emails that I do get from them go into my main Inbox.

Both of our local O2 stores are showing on the O2 site as being shut all next week

Message 3 of 9

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10250 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3016 Solutions

@SpacePhoenix 

The store wont be able to help, you will need to call the number I gave you, and they can set it up..    Or ask Virgin why they havent transferred your information, they can be contacted on 0345 454 1111 

No one on this customer to customer community can give you anymore information.

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 4 of 9

Jaybeeetoo
  • 13 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

You don’t get any paperwork.  I received a text from O2 UK on the day I was migrated.  It said welcome to O2, gave me a link to download the app, a username (my email address) and a password.

Since then I’ve had another text telling me how much my bill is this month and a link to the bill (which didn’t work).  They haven’t tried taking a direct debit yet and my bank account is still showing the Virgin Mobile direct debit.  I guess I’ll find out in a few days if O2 manage to take any money.

I’ve been contacting O2 via the app - go to Support and then start a conversation (at the bottom of the screen).

Message 5 of 9

Jaybeeetoo
  • 13 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

This morning I was notified by my bank that the direct debit had automatically changed from Virgin to O2.

Message 6 of 9

Greshoff
  • 11 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

When I joined O2 a couple of months ago I received an email with the subject line

We've received your order. You're all set.

Also received a similar text. A couple of days later I received my first bill and another email with the subject line

O2: Things you need to know

Message 7 of 9

Pussinboots
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I'm already fed up.  I went into the 02 shop to get a new sim yesterday and told them the problem I'm having with NO DATA when, in fact, I had a good deal with Virgin who have dumped me onto O2.  The chap in the shop reassured me that my deal (data) would now work and that B.T. wouldn't keep pinging me to 'sign into wifi' as I'm driving along.  No data still.  I'm disgusted.  Oh, and by the way, the money has gone up by £2 a month.  What for??

Message 8 of 9

Pussinboots
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

And, by the way, both with Virgin AND O2, if I call a number to get help the person on the other end can't speak English well enough for me to understand and they quite often don't understand English themselves.  THEN they just hang up if things get too complicated!!

Message 9 of 9