Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mast issue still not fixed - customer service just cut me off when I complain

jennie_s
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

The mast in my area has a fault (confirmed by O2) meaning I can't use my phone, it's seriously affecting my ability to work so much so I'm now paying for an e-sim on top of my O2 bill so I can make calls. Told I can't cancel without paying £250 but once the mast is fixed they'll compensate me. "When will it be fixed?", we don't know, call back in 7 days. Called back after waiting for 37 minutes for the call to be answered, it's still not fixed you can cancel for £243, when I asked why I have to pay to cancel a service that isn't being delivered she cut me off!!! What on earth is this shambles, cannot believe I switched from another provider to this debacle to save a couple of quid a month, it's true you get what you pay for.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6621 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1489 Solutions

There is no way to know when a mast is going to be fixed as there are too many variables in the equation. The mast may not even be owned by O2

The Terms and coditions clearly state you are not guaranteed 100% uptime

As for price? The dearest network had a mast near me down for 3 months waiting to be given access rights

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 7

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6621 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1489 Solutions

Have you WiFi Calling enabled?

https://www.o2.co.uk/connectivity/wifi-and-4g-calling

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 3 of 7

Oxonian
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 5778 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

@jennie_s 

As @Enlli has alluded to, the T&Cs of all of the UK networks do not guarantee you any service at all. If you check the community forums of the other UK networks, you will find others having problems similar to yours.

I am actually surprised that O2 have agreed to compensate you at all, although I fear that the amount that they offer you might be far less than you are expecting.   

Message 4 of 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144472 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27682 Solutions

Compo is calculated on the number of days without signal based on your airtime tariff.

So if you're paying £30 a month for airtime your daily rate is £1 etc.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 7

SteveHutch
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

jennie_s I'm in the same situation - not able to make or receive calls when at home for a week now.

You cannot contact O2 - THEY ARE THE WORST MOBILE SERVICE I HAVE EVER HAD! Theyare verygood at charging for non existent service Stephen Hutchinson

Message 6 of 7

Oxonian
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 5778 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

@SteveHutch 

Have you checked the situation using https://status.o2.co.uk/ ? 

Have you reported your problem to O2 ? 

These might also provide further help :-

Guide: How can I sort out my network issues? 

Guide: Is the network down for me or everyone? 

Effectively, the first step is to ascertain whether there is a problem with your handset ; whether there is an issue with your SIM ; or whether there are network difficulties in your vicinity. 

Once you have looked at the information hyperlinked above, please feel free to post again giving further information and we'll see if there is anything else that we can suggest. 

Message 7 of 7