cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lumia 950xl?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi 

My O2 contract is up for renewal in september and will be looking to up grade my phone,I currently have a Lumia 1520 which I love for many reasons mainly its size of screen and ease of use, it took some getting used to size wise but now its fine. Other large screen phones are available on O2 but none that run the windows operating system,the 950 lumia is on the list but not the xl. I have read that O2 didnt think it viable to stock it,yet you can get it from carphone wharehouse on O2! I dont want to go to and android phone again or switch to iphone does anyone know of any suggestions? Many thanks in advance

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Curr946
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions
your only options are to upgrade via CPW (or other third party), buy outright, change provider.

On a side note, the xl is a bit more pocket friendly than the 1520.
Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Curr946
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions
your only options are to upgrade via CPW (or other third party), buy outright, change provider.

On a side note, the xl is a bit more pocket friendly than the 1520.
Message 2 of 6

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23106 Posts
  • 1026 Topics
  • 3677 Solutions

@Anonymous Be aware that if you buy from Carphone Warehouse, or any other third party for that matter, you will be taking a standard two year contract. If you want an O2 Refresh contract, which allows you to upgrade early, it can only be purchased directly from O2. This may or may not be a deal breaker for you, but just wanted to let you know.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144483 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27685 Solutions
You need to chose between the type of phone or type of contract unfortunately.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 6

Curr946
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions
To be honest, the 950 isn't that much of a drop from the xl, I've the 950 and very happy. But it will be a drop from the 1520. Maybe update the 1520 and run on sim free and see what else might come along.
Message 5 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks everyone for your input and advice,I've got a few months left to go until contract ends so I'll wait and see what comes up in the next few months.Don't fancy going to a smaller screen as my wife has a 640 and can't get on with it as used to the big screen of the 1520 😊
Message 6 of 6