Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lack of response from O2 Complaint Review Service

Rich000
Level 1: Joiner
  • 10 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

As Customer services were less than helpful I submitted a complaint on 9 November as I do not receive emails advising what my bill will be and when the direct debit will be taken. Also, I do not have the ability to view my account after switching from Virgin Mobile.

The automatic response stated the aim to to respond within 7 working days. Nothing heard.

Absolutly disgusted and fed up with this scenario as it appears that no one wants to take responsibilty and resolve the issue.

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6710 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1494 Solutions

It can take them longer than that it seems

Have you tried logging into your account at https://accounts.o2.co.uk/signin

rather than using the app.

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 14

Oxonian
Level 29: Intuitive
  • 6088 Posts
  • 105 Topics
  • 22 Solutions

@Rich000 

As @Enlli has indicated, for O2 to respond to a complaint takes quite some time. They suggest :-

"If we’re unable to agree on a resolution, or we take more than 8 weeks to respond, you may wish to escalate this by contacting the relevant Ombudsman....."

That is at :-

How to Complain | Help | O2

https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Sometimes, there really is no alternative but to complain ; but complaints are best regarded as a last resort. 

Message 3 of 14

Rich000
  • 10 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks. I have an account I can view for another phone. Unfortunately the account in question has not been amalgamated with this account.

Message 4 of 14

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

At the moment each mobile number needs it's own My O2 and separate email

Accounts can't be merged until the Virginmedia phones have all been switched over and amalgamated onto the new billing platform

Message 5 of 14

Rich000
  • 10 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for your response.

Seems rather protracted if you have to wait 8 weeks to take the next step by contacting the Ombudsman. Or is this indicative of the volume of complaints from unsatisfied customers.

I wait in hope.

Cheers

Message 6 of 14

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6710 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1494 Solutions

Create a different email (Google will do) and register the phone in question to MyO2 using that.

As to complaints O2 are slow on lots of things. I think takeling over 3 million Virgin customers in a short period, along with trying to update the billing and customer management system at the same time is taken its toll.

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 7 of 14

Oxonian
  • 6088 Posts
  • 105 Topics
  • 22 Solutions

@Rich000 

Complaints inevitably take a lot of time in any organisation as information has to be gathered, reviewed and a response formulated ; internal systems might require amendment ; and the response any any compensatory gesture will have to be approved at management level. 

The number of complaints will inevitably be a factor. However, an eight-week timescale is typical of complaints made to any national organisation, local authority or government department. 

Message 8 of 14

Oxonian
  • 6088 Posts
  • 105 Topics
  • 22 Solutions

Agreed @Enlli, I read a few days ago that including the ex-Virgin customers and the customers of the MVNOs such as Sky and Tesco, there are now 42 million users of the O2 network. Hence, I guess that O2 now have 32 million plus customers of their own. 

With those numbers, it is amazing that everything hasn't completely ground to a halt.  

Message 9 of 14

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

@Oxonian wrote:
With those numbers, it is amazing that everything hasn't completely ground to a halt.  

Everything nearly has

Same issues repeatedly reported and never addressed

Message 10 of 14