cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LEAVING O2

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello all

after nearly 18 years with o2 formerly cellnet I have become somewhat dissilluisoned with them and am thinking of leaving at the end of next month when my contract expires. Would I be correct in assuming that

a 30 day notce period is needed once contract is up??

Thanks all   

Message 1 of 11
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Yes, either of those choices is OK.
If you pay off the phone plan you will only need to pay one more airtime payment then walk away.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
No need to give notice if you are taking your number with you. Just obtain a PAC and use it. O2 will then supply your final bill.
If not taking your number you need to call CS and give 30 days notice.
Help thread here http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Cancelling-Your-Contract-A-Guide/m-p/566774/high...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

Still have £20 to pay on my phone plan so presumably I can either wait until paid off or pay this now as one-off payment and leave once this done, correct?? 

Message 3 of 11

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22941 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

If you pay off your phone plan you can then cancel your air time without any penalty. If you want to keep your number, you would still need to request a PAC to give to your new provider.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 11

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Yes, either of those choices is OK.
If you pay off the phone plan you will only need to pay one more airtime payment then walk away.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

To those who have replied so promptly, thank alot

Bobsy50

Message 6 of 11

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Good luck mate.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 11

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22941 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

Happy trails slight_smile

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 8 of 11

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous ,

Sorry to hear that you're leaving and good luck in the future. Do you mind if I ask what specifically has convinced you to leave?

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 9 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Toby

I received my latest bill on Monday to find out that calls I've made to EU countries have increased from approx 0.55p per minute to 0.83p from 7th April. I don't call recall receiving any notification specifically about this 50% increase as I would have aired my displeasure sooner. When I contacted CS about this their attitude was more or along the lines of "our tariffs are on the website for all to see and not much else can be done about it"

I was told that I would be credited the difference on the EU calls made after the 7th but any future calls would

be charged at £1 per minute including VAT.

Frankly that wasn't acceptable to me and advised that I would be looking at an alternative provider when my contract is up next month. I sent an email expressing amazement at all this to which I have yet to have a reply.

I have today been offered a deal whereby I get exactly the same "unlimited" tariff and data I have now and for an extra monthly £20 get 200 free international minutes to both mobiles and Landlines. The facilty on offer for EU roaming is also very attractive.

Because I've mainly been happy with o2 over the years I have resisted changing but this will now change.

Thanks for the interest. 

Message 10 of 11