Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keeping my current pay as you go package withnew phone

Sophia1970
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

My husband would like to buy me a new phone for christmas. I am currently pay as you go and top up £10 a month and any credit left over gets added to my new balance.

I have heard that you can't do this anymore. Is this true as I would like to keep everything as it is but just with a new phone.

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144449 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27680 Solutions
Just get the new phone and use your current sim card in it - Nothing will change on your account at all.
If you need a smaller sim for the new phone, pop into any O2 shop and they will swap it for free.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

MI5
  • 144449 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27680 Solutions
Just get the new phone and use your current sim card in it - Nothing will change on your account at all.
If you need a smaller sim for the new phone, pop into any O2 shop and they will swap it for free.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 3

jonsie
  • 93250 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

You certainly can, your tariff will forever stay the same until you decide to change it yourself.

Message 3 of 3