Did you mean: 

Just updated my LG G2

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions

Yay and all that.

One problem though, on the firmware update screen it said my telephone was rooted. Strange because I haven't done this ever. Perhaps it means temporary root permissios however the update seems to have gone through OK thus far.

If I had a second handset for use, I would be inclined to send this to LG so they can confirm when (if at all) the handset was "rooted". My presumption would be that someone Anovo UK "rooted" the handset and left the process on, meaning the condition was left and what followed yada-yah.

This isn't really a complaint as such as everything seems to have worked. However I will persue this if only to clear my name from unproven allegations. Anyway the last update I made on my G2, the status said FACTORY and when it came back from O2 repairs it says rooted. So once I get a chance to prove otherwise I'll update the topic. Until then, stay the **** away from Anovo UK unless you are desparate.

Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143429 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Agreed....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

That's a bit naughty if they have rooted it for you - some apps, especially online banking (I know for sure Lloyds) ones don't work on rooted devices as they consider them a security risk.

Message 3 of 21

Cleoriff
  • 122362 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I remember you having long running problems with Anova @anticpated. It appears this is their legacy to you and your phone. What idiots slight_frown

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 21

MI5
  • 143429 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Similar phantom rooting reported by someone else recently if I recall correctly.......
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 21

MI5
  • 143429 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Here it is http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Android-Devices-Samsung-HTC-Sony/Repair-rejection/m-p/871677/highlight/...

Currently using:
Message 6 of 21

jonsie
  • 92917 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions

OK.

[geekmode]

I downloaded a couple of apps that only work in root or verify it. At the software level at least, no SU binary is detected and therefore I don't possess any adminstrative rights to access, alter or read any system files outside the user doman.

[/geekmode]

However the upshot of the update to Android 5.0.2 is any rooted kernels will be replaced with an up-to-date version.

Seem to have to lost my PC connection now, so I'll have to verify this on my laptop.

Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Message 8 of 21

rigsmig
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi all, 

newbie to site but saw the thread amd thought i would ask opinion.

I tried to update LG G2 through the LG PC suite which left my phone stuck in boot mode loop-firmware update screen displayed and unable to do anything, so the phone has now been sent off through the local o2 shop to this Anovo, I presume its the repair centre? After reading your posts I get the feeling these are less than reliable- would that be the case or have I read this wrong???

cheers! 

Message 9 of 21

Cleoriff
  • 122362 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @rigsmig

You are correct. Anova do not have a good reputation unless it's for the most simple of technical problems.

If they dont sort it ....when you get it back you would be far better to contact LG support

http://www.lg.com/uk/support/mobile-support

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 21