cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

June

Anonymous
Not applicable

I cant believe I have just had to wait on the phone for over 12 minutes to talk to a consultant on whether i remained with O2 for my monthly contract!!  I have been a customer for a few years now and have had several contracts with O2. My contract ends on 4th May and my device pays off this Thursday so wanted to see was on offer with no intention of changing anything today.  Dont feel I was listened to or that my business actually mattered to O2 at all!!  very disappointed and will be looking elsewhere.

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Sorry to hear this @Anonymous 

Its a well known fact that a different member of staff would have been a lot more helpful so maybe if you were to phone again?

If not is there anything we could help you with? We are all customers like yourself but have probably learnt a thing or two by being on this forum...:smileywink:

There is some interesting information on contracts and tariffs and phones within this link

https://www.o2.co.uk/shop

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 12

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22942 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

Count yourself lucky it was only 12 minutes. That's not considered a long time these days, particularly at the weekends.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 12

MI5
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
I was thinking the same Bambino - 12 minutes is a good response time considering....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 12

blissgirl
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 6975 Posts
  • 46 Topics
  • 3 Solutions
I agree we have heard people waiting for longer slight_smile
iPhone 15 plus 128Gb light pink (with Vodafone) slight_smile
Message 5 of 12

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

It was a short waiting time by any standards....but the OP didn't feel they had their query dealt with... hence my offer to help..:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 12

MI5
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

Indeed and I agree @Cleoriff but @Anonymous will be better placed to wait until the contract is up for renewal before speaking to retentions.

The best offers are had at this time from them.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 12

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

Indeed and I agree @Cleoriff but @Anonymous will be better placed to wait until the contract is up for renewal before speaking to retentions.

The best offers are had at this time from them.

You are right......as usual...*sniffs* wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
One certainly doesnt get a lot for loyalty these days, been with o2 since btcellnet days, for about 6yrs I was allowed a loyalty discount 'for life'of £4.50 per month but o2 took that away about 4yrs ago, as a goodwill gesture they gave me a cheap bluetooth earpiece!
My contract runs out next month, two weeks ago o2 phoned me and asked if I want to upgrade to the new galaxy and for my loyalty they would pay the last two payments due for current phone......wow, about 15 yrs of loyalty, had a bonus for life taken away and all they can offer me is £50 off, for a service that has no signal issues more often then it used to.
I really hope things improve when three take over, thats if I havent taken BT up on their cheaper offers by then.
Message 9 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you to you all for your comments and yes I will try again once my contract has finished. Was just trying to see the options available to me as more time to do this at the weekend. Obviously the same with others after hearing 12 minutes a short wait!!!
Message 10 of 12