Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this o2 or someone pretending to be

Gamerhaven89
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi got a call today from someone saying they are from.o2 and can offer me 45% discount on my bill etc told them no and hung up but I checked the number and also just installed trucaller and on Google it says the number belongs to the company Wrexham storage and on trucaller it says fivepips so iam guessing it was a scam.but iam unsure any help.be great the number was 01978 762498 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23217 Posts
  • 1030 Topics
  • 3693 Solutions
Message 2 of 6

Spenny
Level 16: Talkative
  • 341 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 27 Solutions

I suspect @Gamerhaven89  it would be a scam.  Any call saying we can save you almost half on your bill, I would put into the too good to be true pile.  Good that you hung up, as many get enticed and before you know it you have parted with money or have shared too much much private financial information.

Here is a link to the O2 community pages on scams Scam Alert: Vishing, Smishing & Phishing Megaguide - O2 Community

Phone: Motorola G100, 128GB, Android 12, SIMO 20Gb
Broadband: Virgin 350Mb, Tp-Link Router - Deco S4
-----------------------------------------------------------------
We are a community of customers and cannot access your account.
To contact O2 click here for O2 Social Media Links
Message 3 of 6

Gamerhaven89
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I always end up hanging up but only after making them waste their time talking to me first lol just found it strange thst the number was from a legit company called Wrexham storage but then thst trucaller app said it was from fivepips I thought soon as mentioned discount of 45%  that it be a scam but made her explane it to me first just to waste thier time

Message 4 of 6

Spenny
Level 16: Talkative
  • 341 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 27 Solutions

🤣🤣

Hope you left the phone on the table while you went about your day and came back to see if they were still yabbering away

Phone: Motorola G100, 128GB, Android 12, SIMO 20Gb
Broadband: Virgin 350Mb, Tp-Link Router - Deco S4
-----------------------------------------------------------------
We are a community of customers and cannot access your account.
To contact O2 click here for O2 Social Media Links
Message 5 of 6

Gamerhaven89
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Not this time have done that before thou lol my partner letsmmemanswer her spam calls sometimes as she know I enjoy.having a debate or wasting thier time lol makes it fun lol

Message 6 of 6