cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it worthwhile be taking atvantage of the O2 £10 bundle top up offers

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am a very senior citizan That ended up with 3 mobiles. My first one many years ago a Samsung, it was top of the range and still use many facets it has but over time faulty hearing I purchased a binatone speakeasy which I signed up with O2, included a loud speaker, worked fine until it decided to go dead on me. Decided to update and got Binatone SM300 GSM. So for a guy that does not make many calls, mostly it will be the doctor, ended up with 3 operationl mobiles. the speakeasy decided to come back to life. run all three, 2 of them to run down my bought time and end up keeping alive via SM300 GSM.That is my background.

Hope someone can advise; O2 keeps asking on the 2 binatones about £10 big bundle to top up. offering additional use. With my very low usage is it worthwhile taking advantage of the offer?  Still dead ignorent what 'Bolts ons is about. How does one get O2 to end my contract with my first Binatone Speakeasy when I have used up my credit and throw it away.? Thanks for past help.

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
As it is a pay as you go number you just need to stop using it once your credit is gone.
There is no requirement to cancel a pay as you go account.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Based on your usage I would say No, it's not worth it. Just stay as you are.
Is the Binatone Speakeasy on contract (ie regular monthly payments) or on pay as you go?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, Thanks for your reply.I am using Pay as you go. Thanks for your advice. that clears that point.If I may ask my other problem, please: I have 2 mobiles with O2 seperate phone numbers, how does one close the account on a specific phone number. In time I am discarding the old Binatone.

Message 3 of 7

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
As it is a pay as you go number you just need to stop using it once your credit is gone.
There is no requirement to cancel a pay as you go account.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you kindly for your advice. Thanks a million!

Message 5 of 7

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
No worries and good luck slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 6 of 7

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Great to see that you got some useful advice @Anonymous and do return to let us all know if you decide to use any bundles, or to remain as you are slight_smile

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 7 of 7