cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is O2 network coverage awful or is it my Pixel?

DannyScott
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have a fairly new Google Pixel 7. I find the 5G on it is terrible - my heart sinks every time I see I'm connected to 5G instead of 4G. I thought it might be the handset but my part is with EE and her network coverage is many times better than mine. Is O2 just bad? I'm paying £35 a month and just endured a massive mid-contract price hike. The service I'm receiving is appalling though. Anyone else facing a similar situation?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6618 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1488 Solutions

Depends where you are. My own experience is O2 5G is not as fast as EE in the same location, but it is usable.

That said, O2 5G for me is a rere beast.

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144449 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27680 Solutions

@DannyScott 

It's not your phone.

O2 is slow in comparison to EE in terms of out and out speed but it's cheaper, so you pays your money and makes your choice......

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 4

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10199 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3012 Solutions

@DannyScott 

It all depends on your location, as driven down to Watford today and was getting 40-50mbps on o2 5G, in a very busy part of Watford in a near enough Faraday cage and have got fast speeds up here in Yorkshire of >70mbps 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 4 of 4