cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is LG KC910 (Renoir) coming to O2?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hey guys and gals, any ideas if this beaut is coming to O2? I've had the Omnia for about a week but I'm not convinced anymore so I'm gonna send it back to the CPW cause its stopped Auto-rotating (and yes I've gone to the settings already and still nothing) Will probably go back to my N95 if they can't give me a good idea of when its gonna be out!!!
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

darrengf
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions
Its on the list as we speak as being tested on the network.

No offical date as of yet though
Need Help, Just ask. We are one big Family here in the o2 Forum.
Use iPhone XS Max dual sim, SE, Honor 10, IPad Pro 11, Apple Watch 4 LTE, 100+ Mpbs Barrier and a Record Player.

Message 2 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Wonder if this LG phone will be any better than the Viewty cos it couldn't be any worse!

So the auto rotate's stopped working on your phone? thats not good, was thinking of this one, but.......hmmmmmm
Message 3 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yeah the Omnia is not as good as it should be, it kinda has two seperate operating systems, the Windows one and the Samsung one and that really doesn't work that well!! Should have tested it before I ordered it off CPW online!!!

Having seen some of the videos and reviews about the Renoir, it seems ok, although they also say its not perfect!! I use my N95 camera so much and so really all I want is the camera with a phone which is touch screen, if the iPhone had a better camera which I'm sure it will do at some point in the future, I'd get it but for the time being as soon as the Renoir comes out I'm going down to the CPW and having a play and I'll be keeping my fingers crossed that it is ok cause I really want a new phone now!!!
Message 4 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've just read reviews of the Omnia and Renoir and seemingly the Omnia is more preferable as the flash lets the Renoir down because its so poor. They didn't say anything about the Omnia not being a good phone and got the impression it faired better than the Renoir.
I think what's putting me off LG is the fact I had 4 Viewty's and everyone went wrong-some record eh wink whilst my mate has had 2 Viewty's and is strongly thinking of getting the Renoir.

I've got quite a few months before I upgrade so hopefully it'll give companies time to iron out the gliches.
Message 5 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
All I'm saying is the Windows bits on the Omnia are not finger friendly and as its a touchscreen phone thats not so good!! Plus it took less that five days for the software to give up and stop rotating the screen!!! Also not too good, and if you are contemplating it, I should warn you tht you will only be able to use the phone inside or in the dark as the smallest ammount of direct sunlight will make the screen completely unreadable which is no good for anything including taking pics!!!

I did like the camera the flash was pretty cool and also liked that the light came on for taking videos in the dark but the phone is too buisnessy!!! I hope that the LG Renoir can perform for the more commercially minded among us!!!
Message 6 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
I wish you well with it when you get it then.

Can I just say that there's lots of phone out there which have poor screens in the light-the Viewty being one of them- so its something we hope LG, Samsung et al will put right.

Each to their own eh wink slight_smile
Message 7 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Its out!!! Even on the O2 website, so they must not think its competition for the Iphone!!!
Message 8 of 10

darrengf
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions
yes buts its expensive compare to the other networks and from o2 non direct.

Its free on most tarrifs not direct from o2
Need Help, Just ask. We are one big Family here in the o2 Forum.
Use iPhone XS Max dual sim, SE, Honor 10, IPad Pro 11, Apple Watch 4 LTE, 100+ Mpbs Barrier and a Record Player.

Message 9 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Got it finally, and must say its awesome!!! Really like how simple and easy it is to use!!! Lack of good software is a little annoying but the camera more than makes up for it!!! I've got skype on it so thats a plus too!!! Love it, very recommended!!!
Message 10 of 10