Did you mean: 

Insurance

Hasting_s
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hey all.

Let's start by saying, I never complain. I usually can't be a###d.

So that should tell you all about how I'm really feeling about this.

I've been with O2 for a very long time, over ten years. Had insurance all that time because more than once it's got me out of a horrible toilet drop or phone falling from car door smash.

I always knew the insurance was on the expensive side but hey ho, I broke my phone, one was delivered to to my door and the nice man took the broken one away.

Well, not any more ladies and gentlemen. Now if you break or damage your phone that nice man arrives at your door, takes your one away and leaves you with nothing. Nothing at all and yes you'll still be paying for your contract. 2 weeks I was left phoneless whilst they decided if the screen was actually broken like I said.

I phoned them multiple times to ask where my replacement was only to be told it was my own fault for having a 64gb samsung s6 edge in gold and this combination was quite rare. Oh I says, well your still selling them on your website so be a good chap and just send me one of those. No I'm told, we couldn't possibly do that because nowadays we wait for some idiot to trade in their phone for a tuppence, give that a wipe and then we'll send that straight to you.

Oh right I said, that sounds brilliant. Really don't remember you advertising this but then again because I'm silly enough to be paying a fortune a month for an insurance that will send me someone's old phone I probably read it then totally forgot.

Anyway long story short cause I'm boring my self. Those good old chaps couldn't find out get a gold one so sent me a black one. I know the gold is a gay colour but I sure when I ordered it and paid 60 a month including insurance, I did ask because it was gold. If O2 didn't have the gold one I'd have gone with whomever did.

To be honest the reason I'm so f####d off is the attitude of the woman I had to deal with. I had to explain why I thought it was necessary to get a gold one, surely paying 10 a month on top is enough reason to not have to explain my self.

Right that's it over. Well one more swear word never hurt, F#####g B###s##t.

Ok that was two. Imagine having no phone for two weeks and being told if I toddled along to an O2 shop they would kindly let me give them 50 quid for a shot of, and I quote here "non smart phone"

It's a wonder they never offered insurance with that. O2, your maybe missing a trick here.

Cheers

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

Hasting_s
  • 7 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
That horrible woman definitely told me it was rare and she definitely told me I was very silly for buying one. And she definitely sent me a black phone after I waited and waited for a gold one. Silly me.
Message 11 of 15

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Nah not rare, if you remember the 64gb one was what they were using to talk customers round with a "free upgrade" for same price as 32gb
Message 12 of 15

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi @Hasting_s how's your Tuesday going? Welcome to our forum and thanks for posting your feedback. Sorry to hear you had a bad experience. 😞 I'll drop you a quick PM to ask for some details in case we could help in some way.

Message 13 of 15

Hasting_s
  • 7 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Just found out that posting something is must harder than it should be. I recently posted but it was on another person's item. So I'll do ill post it here
Message 14 of 15

Hasting_s
  • 7 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi,

I'm saying hi because O2 asked me to.

Because I'm really f##### off and I left a rant on this here message board about my bad experience with O2 insure.

I ranted online about my experience and this lovely guy at O2 sent me a message today asking if he could help and if I could just provide a few bits of information about myself or blood and DNA (I made that up but you know where I'm going)

I sign into their website, they all know who I am, where I live and what blood group I am.

Dutifully, I responded In kind, answering all his demands. Even though I thought f### this "he knows everything" because let's be fair to everyone. Give them a chance.

So here we are folks, personally got treated like a mug by O2 insure after over 10 years of loyal service, posted a rant online about the horrendous way people are now treated by O2 insure and then I get a response.

We will see how this goes.

I even put in my reply to this dude at O2 that's definitely not from Bangladesh that if he manages to sort my complaint I'll will post a positive reply online.

Don't be dismayed people, I will definitely tell you the truth on the outcome. Unless, obviously, I get given a set of beats headphones, gold phone to replace black one and the racist woman has to personally send me a potato hash brown / fried egg roll!

Until then, I promise to tell the truth.

Both my phone contracts are up at end of the month. Let's hope they pull something out of the bag because I can't be ******ed dealing with the third world phone companies. Fact. And also the reason O2 has been able to get away with this ******.

O2, if you are listening. Please let's go back to the way things were?

Otherwise we are all going to the ****** dark side (EE) . If we get over to the ****** dark side and find out it ain't that dark you're definitely ******ed.

Cheers
Message 15 of 15