cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect default on my O2 account resulting of mortgage rejection.

NazoKF0609
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Dear all, i hope some one can help me in this difficult time.

I am opening this topic due to a default of 84 pounds payment showing on my O2 account on my credit file. This default is incorrect as the account was fully closed and completely cleared over 2 months ago. The outstanding balance on the account was incorrect as the account was closed within the 14 days cooling period. This was fully cleared in Feb 2022, yet it has not been updated on my credit file. I have contacted the O2 company multiple times in the past 1.5 months, I have spoken to the amendment team, customer service and they all confirmed several times that my account is clear and the default was an error however it has still not been updated timely on my credit file. I asked the customer service if they could provide me a letter stating that it was an error and the creditfile will be updated so I can show this as proof to my mortgage however no os willing to do that for me. The customer service advised me to email creditfilerefferals@o2.com. I send them multiple emails yet no reply. 

Yesterday my mortgage got rejected due to my low creditscore on my account due to the error default. I am devastated an I might end up losing the house I wanted to buy. I have raised a dispute via one of the credit agency Equifax, they said they are awaiting response from O2 and that can take up-to another month. I don't have that much time. It has already been almost 2 months.
Can anyone please help me with this? 

Thanks.

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@NazoKF0609 

All we can do is advise you to contact O2 CFR Team:

creditfilereferrals@telefonica.com
Credit File Referrals Team
Suite P
Arlington Business Centre
Leeds
LS11 0NE
Fax 0113 2025865

Meanwhile, you can add a notice of correction to your credit file https://www.experian.co.uk/consumer/guides/notice-of-correction.html

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 13

NazoKF0609
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, thanks but I have already emailed the CFR team. I will send them a fax tomorrow and see if that will help. 
And yes i have done the notice of correction. I just wish there was a way to make an urgent appeal with O2 so they can look into this matter! I feel completely hopeless endless waiting and nothing is happening. 

Message 3 of 13

NazoKF0609
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Martin-O2

Can you maybe help me with this? I have seen previous posts where you helped me with similar problems, I can send you my details if you would like so that this matter get escalated? 

Message 4 of 13

NazoKF0609
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@lewys-gp  @RafaC 

Hi could you guys kindly help me with this matter? I can send you a private message with my details.

Message 5 of 13

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9983 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

@NazoKF0609 

Your quickest option, as o2 need to agree that the default is incorrect, is to use on of the CRA's or the likes of Clear Score or Credit Karma, and raise a dispute on the defaulted amount,  but bare in mind it can take upto 6 weeks from the point of o2 accepting (if they do).  And across all CRA;s Transunion, Experian and Equifax as the bank will use all 3. 

Also note a bank will not reject a Mortgage on a credit score, as that is a fictious number made up to sell you products. The bank look at your whole credit file, for things such as lots of credit applications, debt to income ratio, and other things as well as the risk appetite, ]

It was explained to me many years ago, that if a bank don't want to tell you the real reason they blame it on Mobile Phone or other small default or debt, and say its because of that... 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 6 of 13

NazoKF0609
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@O2Lisa Hi Lisa, are you able to help me with this query? 

Message 7 of 13

NazoKF0609
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, thanks for your reply.

So i need to raise a dispute with all 3 agencies individually? 
Why does multiple applications affect your score? Whats wrong with looking at a different mortgage if one of them rejected you? 

I got a call today from the O2 complaint department saying they have checked my account and admitted the error was made by an O2 worker who didnt follow the protocol. They also send an email to the CFR team and awaiting for response. This wait seems to be ongoing. Sigh..😪

Message 8 of 13

O2Lisa
  • 996 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 32 Solutions

Morning @NazoKF0609 .. I'll do my best

I'll message you privately and take some details.

My working hours are Monday - Thursday 08:00 - 18:00
Any messages sent outside these time will be responded to on my return.
Thanks slight_smile

signature
Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 13

NazoKF0609
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, i got a reply back from CFR team, my query has been solved and an update has been made on my credit file. Thanks everyone! 

Message 10 of 13