cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inconsistency Everywhere!

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm so tired of getting inconsitent information from O2.

I spoke to a sales guy in the store about switching to PM from P&G, but EE are offering the same deal for £2 cheaper - he said O2 could match that no problem. I didn't have much time so I said I'd come back.

Spoke to the online chat team and told them this story, they said the sales guy had lied and they couldn't match the price but they could waive one month's charge, making the overall cost £1.50 less a month. Repeated this chat with a few different advisors, each telling me the sales guy lied. Decided to ring and actually talk to an English guy as opposed to someone clearly pasting replies from a script over chat.

Guy over the phone said O2 don't match at all and there's also no one-month-waiving.

Three different stories!

Whats the truth??

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93262 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Yes, different advisers can offer or not. No consistency at all but your best option is to call and choose the option for leaving. Get through to retentions and they have more leeway to offer you a deal.

Failing that go for the best deal with any network if your phone is unlocked and you are sure of the coverage. 

Message 2 of 9

MI5
  • 145091 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27832 Solutions
Retentions gave me an overall bill credit and other have got a monthly discount so it's your best bet.
Call when you have time to complete the deal though as you may not get offered the same deal if you call back again, as you have found out.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 3 of 9

jonsie
  • 93262 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

I got a good sim only deal from them but again, who you speak to depends on the deal you get. If no deal is offered, call again and speak to another agent.

They get positive feedback for saving a customer and that is the whole purpose of their existence, retaining customers. 

Message 4 of 9

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous,

Sorry to hear about this inconsistency. I shall make sure the rest of the team are aware. If you have any other useful info, feel free to send me a private message.

Cheers

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 5 of 9

jonsie
  • 93262 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

It's not simply a case of the computer saying no @Toby, I know from experience that deals are there but inconsistent is putting it mildly. 

Message 6 of 9

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Fair enough @jonsie. Again, any more specific info would be greatly appreciated, but I shall flag this to the rest of the team regardless.

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 7 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Toby wrote:

Sorry to hear about this inconsistency. I shall make sure the rest of the team are aware. If you have any other useful info, feel free to send me a private message.

It seems pretty clear from the evidence presented in this and other places that O2 are not treating customers equally.  That being so ALL SUCH INFORMATION SHOULD BE POSTED IN THE FORUM rather than being dealt with in private messages.  Have O2 and the O2 Community Team not learned anything about good customers service after all this time?

Message 8 of 9

jonsie
  • 93262 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

I don't get why it should depend on who you speak to, what time of day, what they had for breakfast or whether they have fallen out with wives or girlfriends...

Message 9 of 9