Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Impossible to cancel Son's contract

Steveluckcock
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

My Son's contract has expired. I am the account holder but it is his phone. I pay the bill. He wants to pay his own phone rather than shipping me the money. We went onto the shop  but apparently they can't cancel contracts. I tried to cancel the contract via the service desk. However they refused as I could not see the code sent to his phone or answer his security questions. I have cancelled the direct debit, but  just get vaguely threatening emails. He no longer lives at home. They won't talk to him as I am the account holder. All a bit stupid really

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23102 Posts
  • 1026 Topics
  • 3677 Solutions

@Steveluckcock Contracts don't 'expire'. They become one month rolling contracts to maintain continuity. Cancelling the Direct Debit was the worst thing you could have done. If your son wants to pay for his own phone he needs to pass a credit check and take out a contract in his name. After that you need to follow this guide: Migration & porting into O2 - O2 Community But it may be too late for that if you're getting threatening emails.

You need to speak to the Payment Management Team on 0800 902 0217. Maybe they can help.

The opening times are:

Monday to Friday – 8am to 8pm

Saturday – 8am to 6pm
Sunday – 9am to 6pm

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/account-and-billing/payment-support

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 3

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10199 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3012 Solutions

@Steveluckcock 

Cancelling the Direct Debit, doesn't absolve you of cancelling the contract, and unfortunately if you cant pass the security questions, as you must have been with him to set them up, or he has impersonated you to set up the security on the account. 

All the details are in here Guide: Cancelling Your Contract 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 3 of 3