Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Identity Fraud - O2 Fraud Team is unresponsive, Mortgage has been declined

AT2023
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I suffered from identity theft in April 2023, and raised this a number of times with O2. I have called back multiple times OVER FOUR MONTHS! and have been waiting for the Fraud team to give me a call back to investigate the issue. I have a Fraud ticket number but no-one can connect me to the Fraud team.  

I have also reported this to Action Fraud, a number of other providers have closed this out with only O2 remaining. Now my lender has rejected my mortgage and I am likely to lose lots of money if I have to refinance at higher rates!

Can someone please help close out this matter ASAP? It has caused me and my family an immense amount of stress and potential for financial damages here. 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Enlli
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 6861 Posts
  • 51 Topics
  • 1532 Solutions

There is no one here but Customers so we can't help in this I'm sorry to say.

You can use the complaints procedure including Resolver, but that's not a quick fix

https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

You probably need legal advice

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 5

siml
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

If you are still dealing with this problem, you can open a complaint against o2 with the Communications Ombudsman.

Message 3 of 5

Oxonian
Level 30: Meditator
  • 6699 Posts
  • 122 Topics
  • 24 Solutions

@siml 

Maybe, maybe not. You can go to the Communications Ombudsman either when you reach deadlock with O2's complaints' team, or 56 days after you submit your formal complaint. It is not clear from @AT2023's initial post whether or not he has submitted a formal complaint. 

Message 4 of 5

Oxonian
Level 30: Meditator
  • 6699 Posts
  • 122 Topics
  • 24 Solutions

@AT2023 

I have no idea whether they will act whilst your fraud investigation is still ongoing, but @MI5 has set out in this thread a team that you might wish to contact :- 

Solved: Fraud victim - O2 have not corrected my credit fil... - O2 Community

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly/Fraud-victim-O2-have-not-corrected-my-credit-file/m-p/1590...

Message 5 of 5