Did you mean: 

Identify Fraud

Georgia8
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi.

I have recently received letters from O2 saying I have defaulted on my payments for 2 mobile phone contracts but I have not received any phones or any other letters and have not set up any contracts. Turns out someone has used my name and address to get these contracts and have defaulted on the payments leaving me with the debt. I contacted O2 straight away and they referred the case to the fraud team who said they would respond with 30 days and they have not. They have continued to send me letters and the latest one says the debt is now with a debt collector accruing interest and they have logged the debt on my credit file - all while supposedly investigating. I’m so worried about this and have called and emailed O2 several times but still not getting a response from the fraud team - any advice on how to get this resolved or can someone please contact me from O2 to help!? It’s been 8 weeks and don’t want debt collectors at my door. No idea how someone can get contracts without ID or checking bank details etc. any help would be appreciated! Thanks 🙏 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144449 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27680 Solutions

@Georgia8 

Unfortunately all you can do is wait for the fraud team to complete their investigation.

If it is resolved in your favour the default will be removed and the debt collectors will be cancelled.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 2